Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2017, 17:01   #931

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Most women seem to be conditionally programmed to want to procreate.
They sexually attract and choose a male partner that meets their idea of the right fertilizing stock and the nest building qualities they seek in a partner.
Right. Do you think this might have something to do with the difficulties changing one million years of hard-wired evolution?

Quote:
What do single men want when they first meet a girl?
Sex. See above....

Come'on guys. Certainly you have something more provocative than this? Let's try not to be so obvious
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 17:09   #932

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Right. Do you think this might have something to do with the difficulties changing one million years of hard-wired evolution?

Sex. See above....

Come'on guys. Certainly you have something more provocative than this? Let's try not to be so obvious
Alright. The only place women make more money than men is the film industry.
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 17:12   #933
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Right. Do you think this might have something to do with the difficulties changing 25 million years of hard-wired evolution?

Sex. See above about 25 million years of hard-wired evolution....

So are you agreeing that it is the woman who is controlling the Sex and is generally the instigator of having a baby, talk?

Or even worse, ensnare a man into having a baby, when that was not his desire?
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 17:37   #934

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
So are you agreeing that it is the woman who is controlling the Sex and is generally the instigator of having a baby, talk?

Or even worse, ensnare a man into having a baby, when that was not his desire?
Yep, guilty as charged. The only thing a woman wants these days is to be fat and pregnant with a bunch of screaming banshees running around the house with a husband who drinks and grouches too much and can only get it up for 60 seconds before he rolls over and farts himself to sleep so he can go to his shitty job in the morning to make enough to support her in fine style.

Yep, that's all we want
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 17:40   #935
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

LoL Gamayun, that is not what I asked [emoji111]
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 18:29   #936

Boat: Condor Trimaran 30 foot

Wifey B, just this week I read where a state has changed it's regulation that a person who infects another with HIV is now a misdemeanor. They will no longer charge for felony assault. I was aghast.

BTW, I have had HIV since mid 20's. HIV =Hair Is Vanishing!!! Well, it would be more accurate to say vanished.

I agree that to knowingly infect another is no different than felony assault. Freddie Prince's song Bohemian Rhapsody "...pulled the trigger killed another man....." alludes to that carnal knowledge of San Francisco restroom stalls that had holes in them for ....
alansmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 18:38   #937

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

Quote:
Yep, guilty as charged. The only thing a woman wants these days is to be fat and pregnant with a bunch of screaming banshees running around the house with a husband who drinks and grouches too much and can only get it up for 60 seconds before he rolls over and farts himself to sleep so he can go to his shitty job in the morning to make enough to support her in fine style.

Yep, that's all we want
Awesome! Reading this thread I thought I would only be married once. Now I know I'm a prime candidate for another go! [emoji13] lol
Old 27-10-2017, 19:06   #938
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG

Quote:
Wow, are you like an ancient person I understand these concerns, especially if your company was a small business where the effect would be felt more acutely, but this is so out of touch with many of today's more successful work environments. Many of the younger men I know who have families are taking on the same sacrifices as their wives; some even more so because the males might have the more favorable/flexible work environment. I'm glad for these changes and more progressive thinking on the issue. The 50s may have been all Ozzie-and-Harriett-like on TV, but reality for many was a lot different.

I would 100% agree with you that women don't negotiate as forcefully as men. To help address that there's a new law, which just started in the states last year and California passed this year, that does not allow companies to ask new hires what their previous pay level was. It is hoped this will prevent unreasonably low salaries being perpetuated throughout a person's career. I have my doubts though that this will be the end-all, be-all to pay discrimination, but it is a start.

FYI - usually it takes two people to 'decide to get pregnant...'
I am ancient. My parents were born in 1901 & 08. I'm like someone born in the 1920s or 30s. Your progressive thinking is driving businesses away. Progressive policies are driving the people that have businesses broke. Many who would start a business today, take their money and invest it for an easy income. Often the money goes outside the US. For me it got to be too much trouble for the taxes and regulations. I really was working and taking the financial risks for my employees and the government. I sold a growing business to someone not as dedicated as I was. The business went under and everyone lost their jobs. But that's today's progress.
Wages are going to get a lot lower. The US has a huge oversupply of labor due to progressive thinking. The law of supply and demand will take over. Some of the trade jobs I held 40 years ago now pay less than half of what I made when the wage was worth something.

It doesn't take 2 to get pregnant. Just one falling off birth control without telling the other. Of all the men I have known in my life that discussed the issue, I only know one man that was part of a pregnancy plan (draft deferment). The rest were "accidents". It will change. The are a couple new male birth controls in testing that appear to have no side affects and can easily be negated. I wish they had that in my day.
Lepke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 19:45   #939

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: With all due respect, you have no idea what the guys here are doing. I would suspect it's all over the place and there are some with very irresponsible sexual activity. We're surely not a forum of perfect little angels.
Hey, neither do you! But didn't stop you jumping up on to your moral high ground and giving us advice! Again!
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 19:54   #940

Quote:

Yep, that's all we want
Lol...this thread just keeps getting better.
Old 27-10-2017, 20:16   #941

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: With all due respect, you have no idea what the guys here are doing. I would suspect it's all over the place and there are some with very irresponsible sexual activity. We're surely not a forum of perfect little angels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Hey, neither do you! But didn't stop you jumping up on to your moral high ground and giving us advice! Again!
Huh, go figure. I always thought all the "perfect little angels" were over on Sailing Anarchy.
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 20:21   #942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
It doesn't take 2 to get pregnant. Just one falling off birth control without telling the other.
^^^^^
Tough to argue with this one.
Old 27-10-2017, 20:27   #943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic
What do single men want when they first meet a girl?

Quote:

Sex. See above....

I've always heard that when it comes to sex, women need a reason whereas men just need a place.
Old 27-10-2017, 20:56   #944

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Wifey B: Sorry you find a moral high ground so offensive. Actually the post you quote though I simply said we weren't all angels here and earlier all I'd done is warn about the risk of STD's. So understand my saying I was sorry was sarcasm and I make no apologies for pointing those things out as a fact and risk of sexual liberation today. To assume no one no one here could possibly be distrustful is just too big a leap. Among a group this size we have all types. We may have virgins, we may have those who engage in risky activity. We likely have all types. We're a normal cross section of society. No better, no worse.

As to advice. The OP asked for it in this thread.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 21:09   #945

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
That and the whole "stinky bob" thing.

We've gone from a self proclaimed stud unsure why his beautiful project boat wasn't attracting enough one night stands, to dogs licking their nut sacks and just about everything in between.

Personally I'm enjoying it and I'm glad to have heard some opinions from people that I didn't know I had a lot in common with ;^)

Keep it rolling ladies and gentlemen.

goat (watching from the sidelines)
Jump on in, be brave, I'm sure you have something to add, if nothing else, moral support lol. The rocks only hurt for a little while.

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single