Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 20:14   #121

Boat: Coronet Oceanfarer30
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Couldnt agree more with you jreiter190! I've known men like that too but the older I get the less of them there seem to be.
Now, basically I see women as equals but will be darned if I will bend under one or be dominated by one!
Specially here in Australia they are becoming all the more dominant and the men are softening up.
Would be interesting to know what the case in your part of the world is.
So my standpoint is still 'its my way or the highway' and they get told that right up front so they are fully aware how things are.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Ironman162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 20:18   #122

Boat: Coronet Oceanfarer30

HotCrazyMatrix, Ive always been in awe of men that make concrete float mate! Don't loose heart, You doing well get that motor going! Pity its so heavy hey but won't rust thats for dmdure

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Ironman162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 20:45   #123

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Where is this boat, or is there really a boat?
I sniff a troll, but gotta admit it's been an entertaining thread with good advice.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 21:59   #124

Boat: SeaRay 440 Motor Yacht

IMHP, YOU NEED MOM TO HELP YOU OUT.

Or, maybe a shrink.

As stated earlier , you asked.... So....

Your post is mindless blabbering, you say you love living aboard, but it is costing you what you you REALLY want, a women.

So, dump the boat, move into an apartment and chase women.

Maybe you'll find one that likes to cruise out of the harbor on Sunday, maybe not. But you already stated a women is what you really want.

Sounds like a real mess, good luck with it....🙈
jmcdboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 22:56   #125

Boat: 55' sloop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post
"Do what you love and they will find you."

Truer words have never been spoken.

I love to travel, not to muck around with fiberglass, epoxy, paint and other hazardous crap.

Always viewed boats as a great way to travel. Just not building one.

Box trucks don't affect my dating, though. I did the same with my last one as I do right now.

This is going to sound terrible, but im baring all here...

I meet about 1 new girl a day, narrow that down to 2 or 3 new dates a week. I narrow that down to only really cool ones who don't mind my van for example that I already did this in to a limited extent.

(keep in mind nobody knows anything about this until 3 rd date or so)

After all that narrowing, I still have a new girl every week or 2. They haven't been compatible or haven't been down with boats.

Several have been down for traveling in a custom RV, but the boat project prevented me from doing that.

Literally lost 3 to other dudes with RVs. No joke. They do want road trips and international travel. They care nothing foir boats, in my experience.
1. If you didn't want to build a boat, why did you start?
2. You are not a sailor by any means I can understand.
3. If you are spending every day meeting a "new" girl, then "narrowing" them down to a "new girl" every 2 weeks, no freaking wonder you never get anything done on your boat.
4. I am afraid you come across as very self centered, with an overly high opinion of yourself, and little patience, staying power, or depth.
5. How on earth can you know anything significant about any woman if you know her for less than 2 weeks at a time, by and large? By the timescale you just stated this is inevitably the case.

Sell the project you will never complete and please stop considering yourself to be a cruising sailor. It seems to me clear that you will never have the commitment to be one.

Oh… and that boxtruck you posted looks like a murder wagon.

Sorry, just the impressions you have given out, to me at least.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 23:01   #126

Boat: Cape Dory 28

Troll thread.
northoceanbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:29   #127

I my opinion …well …women want you to buy a house for them to decorate and then re-decorate…..and then when its paid off… after that …when get their every needs met you can buy a sail boat.
But if they are “going to meet you for a sunset sail on your yacht” well they like that… as long as you plan on one day selling the boat and giving them all the money for a house and of course more decorating.
As my dad told me once and now 25 years later I understand… “Son..Its a trap”. Most women love to talk about a great adventure or travelling to exotic places.. till the journey starts … my advice is “dangle the carrot in front of them as long as you can.. “ or just sail off too the next marina… Oh and don’t kill fish in front of them…it freaks them out… most think seafood comes from a store… best if you bash the fishes head in and fillet it when they are not watching….
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:11   #128

Boat: 34 Sabre Tempest

https://youtu.be/9NF5XU-k2Vk
Old 07-09-2015, 04:32   #129

Pretty sure I'm putting the boat on the market so i can live my life accepting reasonable offers.

Will do up an ad soon. It's just absolutely devastating to do this after so much time/money/soul went into it... and the fact that I could motor it away and live aboard just fine in its present state.

I just don't want to keep sacrificing my life to this thing.

I don't want to dream and buildm I want to do. To travel.

Feeling pretty bad mentally today. Would literally love to get a couple counseling sessions since I have no one to talk to hardly. This damn boat has isolated me from everyone, especially family.

It's bewildering to have put so much in only to lose it all, but i can't be in social isolation anymore. Literally can't take it.

On the bright side, the Unity looks pretty awesome. Will have to check out the systems (probably pretty lousy refrigerator/stove/oven. Going to have a look today at those.

Time to live. No more sacrificing for some undetermined future. Time to live in the present.
2hullvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:45   #130

The only thing that actually matters here is one fact:

I've been cruising and living aboard at anchor for closing in on 25 years now, consecutively.

I have taught sailing on many occasions. I have run a successful term charter business. I have a Master's License. Been from Canada to Venezuela on boats. No ocean crossings.

Can fix any systems you throw at me.

So... save the penis contest for other people please, I'm not entering it. I'm bored with/done with sailing and boats. Getting no satisfaction from the hobby/career anymore.

Certainly, I am/was a cruiser.

Now I'll be selling my new catamaran to embark on a new lamd based chapter. Something more calm, more grounded and involving social interaction with other people... especially women.

In part, i lost my ex wife due to this boat. She decided to have me build it. I put my all into it. She became unhappy with the situation and bailed rather than talk out any changes she wanted to make. She was never a good communicator.

So.. I'm just done. Time for something new. Closing in on 25 years of boating really starts to get borinng. Other than perfecting sail trim (and of course building this thing), there is nothing new left. It's all routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle Flugga View Post
1. If you didn't want to build a boat, why did you start?
2. You are not a sailor by any means I can understand.
3. If you are spending every day meeting a "new" girl, then "narrowing" them down to a "new girl" every 2 weeks, no freaking wonder you never get anything done on your boat.
4. I am afraid you come across as very self centered, with an overly high opinion of yourself, and little patience, staying power, or depth.
5. How on earth can you know anything significant about any woman if you know her for less than 2 weeks at a time, by and large? By the timescale you just stated this is inevitably the case.

Sell the project you will never complete and please stop considering yourself to be a cruising sailor. It seems to me clear that you will never have the commitment to be one.

Oh… and that boxtruck you posted looks like a murder wagon.

Sorry, just the impressions you have given out, to me at least.
2hullvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:25   #131
Armchair Bucketeer

Nothing wrong with coming up with a plan b when plan a is no longer working..... A boat being involved doesn't change that.

You only get one life. Boats and Women are limitless.....
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:49   #132

Boat: 1965 Pearson Alberg 35 #190

Well, at least it looks as though x amount of feet of waterline has just become available to the rest of us. Good luck to OP, at least he/she knows how to spell lose,not loose, as in, he lost his way.
jreiter190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:07   #133

Boat: Tartan 41 #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle Flugga View Post

And what exactly is a "Cruising Sailor".....been trying to figure that out for years....
bob_77903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:22   #134
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_77903 View Post
And what exactly is a "Cruising Sailor".....been trying to figure that out for years....
Cruising sailors cruise.

Writers write.

Actors act.

Politicians bull$hit...
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:25   #135

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by northoceanbeach View Post
Troll thread.
Not a troll. A long-time ex-CF'r, ex-CTF'r (yes, I think he has been removed twice before here) that set up his own website, but that is gone now. Anyone who has been here (and there) over the years will recognize this, and understand the direction this thread will inevitably take. Those who haven't will be eventually sorry and have a "learning experience" to chalk up.

Buckle up.

BTW, this guy has built vans, is building a boat, can fix most boat systems and has much experience. All of that is beside the point here, though.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single