Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2017, 09:34   #661
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

any reverse -ism is a mirror image of the original ism. is exactly same thing only from opposing and guilty points of view from same angle.
\reverse sexism is sexism. reverse discrimination is discrimination. no difference whatsoever.
the facts are that humanity is a misogynist species. curmudgeonly and misogynist.
both genders equally and exactly, races as well..all same. we all bleed red so why pretend we donot. one has a dongle one has a usb port. somehow the two meet and make it work. or not.
the success is dependent on attitude of each and both equally.
as no one is perfect, how can perfection be sought.
and i believe druids did better than the subsequent and current non matriarchical systems. danes were also matriarchical. or so my danish grandmother repeatedly stated.
isnt danmark supposedly called the happy nation???

as past is totally past, why should a race be required to pay reparations to another race despite nonparticipation in alleged events. talk about discrimination and oppression.. fuggedaboudid and reboot. make sure you treat others as you would treat yourself or your mother.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 09:46   #662
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post

Put the women in charge and the world would be a **much** better place.

Seriously.
Of course that statement in and of itself is Sexist, the assumption that people will do a better or worse Job based on genitalia. You might as well say that men are better engineers than woman...sheesh....
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 09:47   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
any reverse -ism is a mirror image of the original ism. is exactly same thing only from opposing and guilty points of view from same angle.
\reverse sexism is sexism. reverse discrimination is discrimination. no difference whatsoever.
the facts are that humanity is a misogynist species. curmudgeonly and misogynist.
both genders equally and exactly, races as well..all same. we all bleed red so why pretend we donot. one has a dongle one has a usb port. somehow the two meet and make it work. or not.
the success is dependent on attitude of each and both equally.
as no one is perfect, how can perfection be sought.
and i believe druids did better than the subsequent and current non matriarchical systems. danes were also matriarchical. or so my danish grandmother repeatedly stated.
isnt danmark supposedly called the happy nation???

as past is totally past, why should a race be required to pay reparations to another race despite nonparticipation in alleged events. talk about discrimination and oppression.. fuggedaboudid and reboot. make sure you treat others as you would treat yourself or your mother.
OMG..."usb port" ROTFLMAO
Old 17-10-2017, 09:52   #664

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Damn, forty five pages and still no solid answer. Good thing I already have a mate.

I don't understand why it's so hard for some boat owning (and normalish) dude to find a woman. They're at yacht clubs, at marinas, visiting boating friends. In tourist areas they're all over the place. Good lord, just go out and get one.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 09:54   #665

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Benefits given to oppressed categories of people don't even begin to right the wrongs inflicted on them daily over their whole lives.

A lifetime grant of $20k per year to every black person in the US would barely be a start compensating for slavery and all the jim crow bs they have to put up with right up to today.

Of course spaces excluding whites, males, the wealthy, cis-gendered, the able-bodied etc are healthy and just, oppressed minorities need places free of the constant micro-aggressions we constantly and subconsciously inflict.

I'm so sick of special snowflake privileged white cis men whining about being discriminated against.

And that's all I'm going to say about that
No more than I'm sick of politically correct feel good leftie dogma!! But let's keep this nice.

Interesting you bring up slavery. Took a Nigerian guy for a sail yesterday and he's sailing with us again tomorrow, he's a really nice young guy. We had a big chat about slavery yesterday and how he believes his people were just as responsible as the Europeans that were buying slaves from them! He's very much studied slavery of his people. I really know very little about the about slavery. What I found impressive was how he believed his country men should stop being victims and look forward.

Not denying there's been problems throughout history, but how long to people stay victims? Is slavery still in the US? are women still not allowed to vote. The whole victim mentality gets old fast and serves no one.

BTW for the record I had a black guy and a woman on my boat yesterday, maybe I'm not the sexist bigot with an attitude after all.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:11   #666
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Collage course, I'll have to check that out

https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu...uschenberg.jpg
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:20   #667

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Collage course, I'll have to check that out

https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu...uschenberg.jpg
What are you talking about?
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:34   #668
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
What are you talking about?
Bingo.
Old 17-10-2017, 10:35   #669
cruiser

> You can take a collage course on the evils
Old 17-10-2017, 10:41   #670

Anybody else here on Match.com? I've lived aboard my sailboat for the most part since buying it new back in 1985 and for some of that time was single. Fifteen years ago I was on match looking for a female to sail with and I was able to find many woman to take for a day sail. And then I found a special lady who liked to sail, but needed her own place on the dirt. It's just a matter of what is more important to you and for me it was her and not the boat. I still have the boat, but lost her about a year ago and now I'm back on match. It's different than it was then, maybe because I'm older now and time does change and the woman seem more cautious. I've yet to find one who will go sailing with me without wanting that meeting in a public place. That's fine, but more and more women are set in their ways and maybe so am I, but I do know that the boat is not the most important thing in life at least for me.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:44   #671

Quote:
Benefits given to oppressed categories of people don't even begin to right the wrongs inflicted on them daily over their whole lives.

A lifetime grant of $20k per year to every black person in the US would barely be a start compensating for slavery and all the jim crow bs they have to put up with right up to today.

Of course spaces excluding whites, males, the wealthy, cis-gendered, the able-bodied etc are healthy and just, oppressed minorities need places free of the constant micro-aggressions we constantly and subconsciously inflict.

I'm so sick of special snowflake privileged white cis men whining about being discriminated against.
Absolutely! As an oppressed gun owner, who's rights have been repeatedly trampled by corrupt politicians based on illegitimate pretenses, I agree!

I'll take my $20k to start with. I am looking forward to my safe space, where I and my oppressed brethren can feel safe from any kinds of aggression and own what we want and shoot what we want, without media hype blaming guns for the activities of urban youth. I'll take another $20k to right the wrongs of 2A rights violations as a result of Jim Crow laws which later came to be the detrimental of us all. Of course, our safe spaces do not restrict entry to only cis-gender, rights-supporting white men, we welcome all- regardless of color or gender preference- to join us!

Now, I would request another $20,000 because my ancestors were not in USA at the time of slavery, thus were not party to that, yet have suffered the constant nagging and anguish associated with it. I suggest you get that $20k from the Muslims and West Africans, since they were the slave traders who supplied the US demand.

'll take another $20,000 because my ancestors- KRAUTS- had to work hard, learn English, and boot-strap the advancement of their families such that the first college graduation didn't happen for some four generations. And you can give me another $20k because we had to change the family name.

Gimme another $20,000 because I spent YEARS of my life studying late at night, foregoing drinking, partying, fathering multiple children, and drive-by shootings in order to achieve advanced degrees.

Then we'll apply EO laws to football and basketball. From now on, all athletic teams will have a maximum 50% ethnic minority, and minimum 10% women and 10% confused gender. The All Blacks will change their name, and have a maximum of 30% of Pacific Islanders (there goes rugby...)

I don't know how this all started off course when the topic is clearly under discussion, so I'll return the track to the rails.

All racing yachts with at least one minority on board will be designated a "safe space" and all other yachts must give way, regardless of tack or wind direction. Marinas will reserve slips for minorities and pregnant skippers. The extremely rare snowflakes known as "those who can back a trailer down a ramp" will be ridiculed in the media and forced to pay for classes for those who aren't as "privileged". Anyone observed failing to ramp-launch a boat properly will be given $50 just because. The over-indulging catamaran owners will pay double, even on moorings.

Just wow. No wonder our world is so screwed up.

My family, due to the unfortunate circumstance of having come from an undesireable region of the world has suffered economic hardships since emigration. I didn't have the grants and such, so had to pay to go to school, and as a result didn't get into MIT or Harvard. Then I had to work real, real hard to get where I am, and DAMMIT I still can't afford a new Lagoon 450! Well, I could, but then I'd lose a substantial amount of my retirement fund, which ensures I don't rely on everyone else to care for me when I'm older. I want my Lagoon 450! I am entitled to a Lagoon 450, and I think anyone who has been pampered and lucky enough to stumble across enough cash to buy a Lagoon 450 should pay an extra 10% tax that will go toward my Lagoon 450. How the @#$& am I supposed to find a hot 25 year old without a Lagoon 450? Is society going to abandon me to my self-made situation, stuck with one small boat (OK, and four other smaller boats) and a nearly 50 YO wife? Woe is me!
Old 17-10-2017, 10:48   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9898 View Post
Anybody else here on Match.com? .

Not any more. But the photo of her on a catamaran and a photo of her kayak did me in.

Why not go on match.com or like dating site? Be you, share your passion for sailing, and that's how you'll meet. You're not going to meet a sailing girl at church, or at the bar, or at work. My lady, it turned out, lived between my home and my boat and if not for an internet site, we'd have never met! And I got two kayaks out of the deal. And a cat, but the wrong kind of cat.
Old 17-10-2017, 10:54   #673
cruiser

In well over a third of current long-term relationships in the US, the partners met first online.
Old 17-10-2017, 10:59   #674
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
Is society going to abandon me to my self-made situation, stuck with one small boat (OK, and four other smaller boats) and a nearly 50 YO wife? Woe is me!
Is there an Obamaboat subsidy yet.....
Old 17-10-2017, 11:15   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Is there an Obamaboat subsidy yet.....

No, but there SHOULD be a water maker subsidy! Where else but on a yacht is the most necessary foundation of life so damned expensive! If I were a woman on a dating site, I'd buy a water maker and post a photo of that!

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single