Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 07:59   #16

Boat: Hustler H30
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

It may be that you are looking in the wrong place for answers to your 'dilemna'. Pull up a cosy chair, grab a coffee and check your head. Without a doubt, you'll find all of the answers in there... if you ask it the right questions. :-)
Mood indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:13   #17

Boat: 34 Sabre Tempest

What are you doing for money now ? Are you retired and independently wealthy at 42?

Are you interested in being a father? 25 to 30 year old single women are often (not always) looking to start a family. If they are divorced they may have young children and aren't likely to go skipping around the country in an RV.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:15   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum View Post
Do you really think a woman would be attracted to a box truck!

Ha ha ha, no. But they are more than willing to travel in them temporarily. This would of course be nicer inside than most people's homes.

It also helps me be able to travel around and date women in various parts of the country. Boats and apartments are too limiting.

Oh, no regular rvs. Need to park anywhere
2hullvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:18   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest245 View Post
What are you doing for money now ? Are you retired and independently wealthy at 42?

Are you interested in being a father? 25 to 30 year old single women are often (not always) looking to start a family. If they are divorced they may have young children and aren't likely to go skipping around the country in an RV.
Too old to be a dad now.

These variables make it harder as well. Looking for one that doesnt want new kids. Maybe they could have one. Idk. Really depends on the individual.

I'm just trying to maximize my potential of meeting new people and this seems like a good way to do it while enjoying travel still.

Money? I own a couple businesses I can run while i travel.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:23   #20
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post
Ha ha ha, no. But they are more than willing to travel in them temporarily. This would of course be nicer inside than most people's homes.

It also helps me be able to travel around and date women in various parts of the country. Boats and apartments are too limiting.

I've seen some pretty nice motor homes in my time but most young women wouldn't want to live in one of those full time either. A Box truck nicer than a fully loaded RV? I'd have to see that to believe it. Maybe if you threw in a few boxed lunches.

Halden Marine Services | Marine Watermakers, Solar Panels, Wind Generators
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:35   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
I've seen some pretty nice motor homes in my time but most young women wouldn't want to live in one of those full time either. A Box truck nicer than a fully loaded RV? I'd have to see that to believe it. Maybe if you threw in a few boxed lunches.

Halden Marine Services | Marine Watermakers, Solar Panels, Wind Generators
Exactly. Wouldn't be full time at all for her. Just for me, for right now. Then it could be used to travel overseas if this fictitious new lady and I decide to use it....or just get rid of it.

Trouble with most pre fab RVs is they use cheap systems. Inadequate kitchens, bathrooms, etc.

They are built for profit. I can use the best, plus oversize systems relative to RVs, which makes for comfort.

I've built them before with great success. No brainer. Just sold one to move onto the new boat, actually.

But this is more about sticking with the boat or not...

Tired of sacrificing my life for an inanimate object.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:37   #22

Quote:
I'm divorced.
Where to begin? OK, I'll let that one slide. Stuff happens.

Quote:
I have a 50' corecell/epoxy catamaran that needs a year worth of work inside and another dump truck full of money, including several staterooms and a rig done. (quote for rig? $48,000) It's currently in power boat mode.
You're now over 40, with your divorce leaving you in a 50' unsailable sailboat and no automobile. More to come on that below.

Quote:
I've been having a lot of good luck lately meeting great, incredibly attractive younger women. However, as a generality, they are not interested in living with me on half finished boats, nor traveling or leaving their jobs/family.
These women were met online at first, then in real life. They are scattered throughout the usa, many of them inland.
The last place to search for "quality" women is on the Internet. Quality women spend most of their time beating off / filtering respective suiters in "real life", not the digital world. Internet dating is for those that strike out in the real world. Nothing personal, Internet scavenging is a "last resort" freight train to failure.

Quote:
What should I do?
To save time, I jumped over the rest of your post to get straight to your final question. Here's your answer. I've never met a "quality" woman who is interested in babysitting a dreamer with plans up the road. Women are attracted to doers, and want you to have your ducks in a row before proposing unusual things such as live-aboard fantasies. Thus, you first need to get your life together. Quality women desire financial stability, confidence, and success. They could care less about how handsome you are, to the most part.

Again, you need to first get your life together. If you drive up in a "box truck", a "motorhome", or an "unfinished cat", quality women will enjoy the one and only free dinner you buy them (maybe), and then never answer your phone call (always).

In closing, I've never had ANY problem getting a "quality" woman to follow in a plan of mine, yet I have never dated on-line and have my life (finances/stability/confidence) in a solid format for presentation to the opposite sex before asking for a date ... IN REAL LIFE, not the Internet.

Good luck.
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:46   #23

Quote:
Sounds like you need to sell the boat and get yourself a bachelor pad.
If he lives in a bachelor pad he'll still be...... a...... bachelor?!!!
mattlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:52   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlad View Post
If he lives in a bachelor pad he'll still be...... a...... bachelor?!!!
I saw nothing that suggests that he wants to be anything else at the moment.
In fact, he wants his pad to be Mobile, so he can meet women all over the country.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:57   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post

The last place to search for "quality" women is on the Internet. Quality women spend most of their time beating off / filtering respective suiters in "real life", not the digital world. Internet dating is for those that strike out in the real world. Nothing personal, Internet scavenging is a "last resort" freight train to failure.

To save time, I jumped over the rest of your post to get straight to your final question. Here's your answer. I've never met a "quality" woman who is interested in babysitting a dreamer with plans up the road. Women are attracted to doers, and want you to have your ducks in a row before proposing unusual things such as live-aboard fantasies. Thus, you first need to get your life together. Quality women desire financial stability, confidence, and success. They could care less about how handsome you are, to the most part.

Again, you need to first get your life together. If you drive up in a "box truck", a "motorhome", or an "unfinished cat", quality women will enjoy the one and only free dinner you buy them (maybe), and then never answer your phone call (always).

In closing, I've never had ANY problem getting a "quality" woman to follow in a plan of mine, yet I have never dated on-line and have my life (finances/stability/confidence) in a solid format for presentation to the opposite sex before asking for a date ... IN REAL LIFE, not the Internet.

Good luck.
I get the gist and agree mostly, but strongly disagree on meeting women "online." I'm not talking about online dating. That's a terrible way to do it. I meet mine on Snapchat, Instagram, etc... It's what your real life women are doing when they are looking into their phones all day.

It's more efficient than real life pickups because ypu can be targeted and not waste hours and hours looking around for ones you are attracted to.

Have you ever financed a team of professional boat builders building a 50ft high performance catamaran from scratch? If you have, I'm not sure where you are imagining I have issues with money. I have actually been traveling by plane and living in hotels in various parts of the country for a break from the boat this summer. My ducks are lined up like a mofo, friend, I'm just finding that this boat project doesn't seem to be lining up with what I want out of life (ie: not to waste it working on boat)
Old 06-09-2015, 08:59   #26

Quote:
I saw nothing that suggests that he wants to be anything else at the moment.
In fact, he wants his pad to be Mobile, so he can meet women all over the country.
Exactly.

As i sort through the women to find one that fits, I will then make whatever changes needed to build a new life with her.

But yes... a mobile bachelor pad is a great description.

The boat is trying to be one, but the uphill battle is so time and money consuming that it seems a land one is easier.

Also, as mentioned, the boat can't really go anywhere. Stuck on the coasts of the world, in harbors. With something mobile, i can RoRo it anywhere on Earth and see the entire country, not just the seaside.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:04   #27

Quote:
Exactly.

As i sort through the women to find one that fits, I will then make whatever changes needed to build a new life with her.

But yes... a mobile bachelor pad is a great description.
So, I guess you have your answer. Sell the boat, get an RV, Tow a Harley and you're good to go.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:05   #28

Boat: Catalina 30

i could recommend a good psychiatrist, male of course.

If you want to rent, do it by the hour. Cheaper, safer, and won't make off with your money during the divorce.

Best advice, though others seem hesitant to say it, is "Grow up". You sound like a spoiled teenager.
Skuzzlebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:07   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuzzlebutt View Post
i could recommend a good psychiatrist, male of course.

If you want to rent, do it by the hour. Cheaper, safer, and won't make off with your money during the divorce.

Best advice, though others seem hesitant to say it, is "Grow up". You sound like a spoiled teenager.
In what way?

Honest question.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:11   #30

Quote:
I get the gist and agree mostly, but strongly disagree on meeting women "online." I'm not talking about online dating. That's a terrible way to do it. I meet mine on Snapchat, Instagram, etc... It's what your real life women are doing when they are looking into their phones all day.

It's more efficient than real life pickups because ypu can be targeted and not waste hours and hours looking around for ones you are attracted to.

Have you ever financed a team of professional boat builders building a 50ft high performance catamaran from scratch? If you have, I'm not sure where you are imagining I have issues with money. I have actually been traveling by plane and living in hotels in various parts of the country for a break from the boat this summer. My ducks are lined up like a mofo, friend, I'm just finding that this boat project doesn't seem to be lining up with what I want out of life (ie: not to waste it working on boat)
I shouldn't argue this with you, but I will ... for a moment. Snap Chat and Instagram are NOT the right places. Try a nice art museum, and look for the women with GOOD fashion sense and REAL pearls.

Finally, if your ducks are super "mofo" lined, then sell the project cat, fly first class to Newport, Rhode Island, buy a big beach house with a dock, mooring, a new 50'-foot cat, and a new Porsche to cruise to the coffee shops each morning. You'll find some quality women there. I guarantee that they will say "YES!" when you ask "Want to go sailing for six months?"
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single