Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 04:12   #2146
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa36 View Post
Race is the #1 divide and conquer strategy in the imaginary land of the free.
That may be true.. but I just saw two women..!!

Born To Be Wild.. Double Click on the picture.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:17   #2147
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Too true Boatie, but I don't think it is a Euro/American thing but more of a lacking of perspective about the equal value of each individual. STARTING WITH THEMSELVES.
My favourite picture of my partner, who is tiny, is when she decided to squeeze past the alternator and into the steel bilge after she washed it to finish the job, by degreasing under the engine/gear

Contorting to get into every corner, she took pictures of areas I've never seen to confirm no rust, I heard them laughing as her brother helped her out to see her emerge with grease all over her face
What a surprise!
I was blown away by her and would unplug the head for her any day .

She does clean up very well tho!Click image for larger version

Name:	20180202_184441.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	163442
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:39   #2148

Well guys and gals, I'm back to reading this thread since I don't seem to be making any progress on the match.com website in finding " the one". Always best to view it with a sense of humor.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:57   #2149

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Yup.. my crew tends to do that.. owners love her passion for cleaning boats up.. Catalac's, Lagoons, 62ft mono's.. if its in need of a clean to her mind it gets attacked..
I spent 4days cleaning up a Catalac in the UK before heading out.. got to Portugal and picked her up only to be told I should have cleaned the boat.. by the time we got to Turkey and the owner nervously took his new Turkish wife on board it had.. to his delight.. been transformed into an elderly but spotless boat with those little touches that make a woman 'comfortable'.
My tiny lady is next to the lady with the drum..
69'rs Rock..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17072011.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	163443   Click image for larger version

Name:	17072011(003).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	163444  

Old 04-02-2018, 05:27   #2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9898 View Post
Well guys and gals, I'm back to reading this thread since I don't seem to be making any progress on the match.com website in finding " the one". Always best to view it with a sense of humor.
Have you tried chemistry.com?

I really loved the book "Why Him? Why Her?" by the brilliant gal who supposedly helped to make the chemistry test. Gotta love chemistry.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:13   #2151
CF Adviser

We are both lucky Boatie.

You know I'm just relaxing tonight after a busy week in Singapore watching the Grammy awards and a catchy song called Despacito.

The performance and the sexy women dancers (mostly undressed) seemed to be all about objectifying them.

Then Pink comes on and does a great song about woman's self empowerment.

Most confusing and somewhat hypocritical in the context of the Me Too movement and what impressionable people learn
Old 04-02-2018, 06:24   #2152
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
who cannot understand why buying that boat does not land them their Joan Wilder.
Who??
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:24   #2153

Thanks Melissa,

I went to their website and took the test. Haven't joined but got some matches that were not that impressive so now I guess I can no longer put off doing needed maintenance items.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:42   #2154

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
We are both lucky Boatie.

You know I'm just relaxing tonight after a busy week in Singapore watching the Grammy awards and a catchy song called Despacito.

The performance and the sexy women dancers (mostly undressed) seemed to be all about objectifying them.

Confusing and somewhat hypocritical in the context of the Me Too movement
Yeah.. we are..
The trouble is.. all these stars bitching about men seem to have no scruples when it comes to nude, semi nude love scenes and being portrayed as easy lays on screen.. James Bond just has to grin and the clothes fall off.. and he's just one of the lead males in Hollywood scripts.
Can you blame Asians and blacks for thinking Western women are all nympho's desperate for sex.. you are what you portray.
There's a big Hoo Haa in the UK at the moment about a do at the Presidents Club, a charity event where 120 young women were hired to act as hostesses for the all male gathering of the rich and famous.. alleged groping and sexual aggression made by a female reporter who got in as a hostess to do an expose on a one off job that these girls had applied for..
Now this is a well know happening over the years and.. the females were not obliged to tolerate it.. there was nothing to stop them slapping the stray hand or just walking out.. but they all stayed.. yet its been blown into this huge scandal about privileged white men abusing young women.. nothing about the privileged white working class stuffing $$ bills down pole dancers briefs.. or groping lap dancers.. but because of Trump hatred suddenly everyone wants to jump on the sexist bandwagon.. no one whinged under Obama.
Every person makes choices.. the stars shedding fake tears today were only too happy to set their scruples aside back then for money and fame so no sympathy from me..

Old 04-02-2018, 07:39   #2155
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Having safe sex as often as you like with as many people (of whatever sex or gender or preference) as you like

as long as no deception or coercion is involved

and including the right to work in the sex trades, or otherwise barter for benefits using your sex appeal

are all fundamental rights.

Anyone criticizing others (of whatever sex or gender) for that, is likely just caught up in a brainwashed world view based on archaic religious social controls, whether orthodox Jewish, Hindu, Muslim or Christian. Buddhists less so, only if you take vows.

And dressing in a way that such judgmental people consider you to be "promiscuous" or "immoral" is also a fundamental human right, as should public nudity be, in less enlightened regions perhaps limited to designated locations.

And should never result in someone treating you with less respect, or presuming they can harass you or assault you, engage in any way with you sexually without your enthusiastic consent.

And asserting / defending those rights wrt women is a huge part of the modern feminist movement.

john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:46   #2156

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Having safe sex as often as you like with as many people (of whatever sex or gender or preference) as you like

as long as no deception or coercion is involved

and including the right to work in the sex trades, or otherwise barter for benefits using your sex appeal

are all fundamental rights.

Anyone criticizing others (of whatever sex or gender) for that, is likely just caught up in a brainwashed world view based on archaic religious social controls, whether orthodox Jewish, Hindu, Muslim or Christian. Buddhists less so, only if you take vows.

And dressing in a way that such judgmental people consider you to be "promiscuous" or "immoral" is also a fundamental human right, as should public nudity be, in less enlightened regions perhaps limited to designated locations.

And should never result in someone treating you with less respect, or presuming they can harass you or assault you, engage in any way with you sexually without your enthusiastic consent.

And asserting / defending those rights wrt women is a huge part of the modern feminist movement.

Tell that to the 'Me Too' people like Uma Thurman crying 25yrs after the event.. maybe a lot of 'Harvey' things would not have happened in the following years..
The reality is they went along because they knew the next audition might go along with it and they'd maybe not get the part.
Live with your choices.. don't cry and bleed over everyone Facebook style..

Old 04-02-2018, 08:01   #2157

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Who??
I believe Boatie is referring to

Joan Wilder.....played by Kathleen Turner in Romancing the Stone.....who BTW was VERY hot in the day before disease and alcoholism destroyed her looks.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:19   #2158
CF Adviser

In the early 1980's I spent a lot of time exploring the mostly unvisited atolls of the newly founded Federation of Micronesia.

Those days the women were bare breasted, but covered their thighs as that was seen as an open invitation to have sex with them. (We had to warn our female passengers and crew to cover up the legs)

There was no word in their language for Rape and the young men would carve out their own "love stick", that they used to ensnare the girl's hair at night in the huts.

She would feel the carving and recognise who the owner was
.... if she did not pull it out...the guy came in and climbed on top.

Seems that we have developed a very complicated and inefficient way of doing what just comes natural.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:06   #2159

Boat: Cheoy Lee 47 CC

Hmmm....couldn't really give advice as mine would probably not work for anyone who has common sense, if you do have common sense you'd never do what I did.
I was happily divorced, had a great pooch pal and a good boat, I was in the process of shedding all my "stuff", selling off my house, selling my then current boat to buy a more cruising oriented boat and looking to leave for awhile. Not out of mid life crisis but to continue my wondering and explorations. As a youth a traveled by motorcycle to all of North America, in my 20 year career in the corporate world I'd traveled most of the world, or at least most places you could see from shore bound transportation. It was time to get back to wandering and exploring.
I was quite happy on my own, but also remember all the beautiful places I had seen and experienced, but had no one to share those experiences with. I had no interest in dating younger women, they sure looked great, but as soon as they opened their mouth the pain would start, they lacked perspective, they lacked experience, they lacked intestinal fortitude, in other words, most were high maintenance primadonas, no thanks. They sure looked good, but no thanks, not one of them would ever even contemplate living aboard, not one of them had the spine required to travel the world by small vessel.
Dating sites? Really? Most of those women are looking for a sugar daddy to sucker. The perfect man, who doesn't exist, no thanks.
A year before I was planning to leave I met a woman at the a post sail race party, she was the only woman on a race boat crewed by an all male crew and didn't take any crap from any of them. We hit it off right away but were both wary of any kind of instant commitment, she was independent and quite comfortable financially as I was, neither had the need for a partner. WHen she dropped by the dock the next day to visit, she basically looked my boat over to see how well it was maintained and outfitted, score one for her critical eye and having her priorities straight.
After six months of dating I was slowly changing my view, as was she, we were thinking this might just work, we both had similar attitudes, and stiff spines, when she jumped in to help strip the hull on my boat I knew she had what it took, she was no wilting flower, and she didn't run away from a challenge.
It's now 10 years later, we married, adopted two boys and are finishing up the boat we're leaving on this year. Has it been easy? No, has it been worth it? Yes.
Seems your looking in the wrong direction, the women your meeting don't have what it takes to live aboard either on a boat or a land based traveling vehicle.
Maybe you should be more honest on your dating write up, be up front about what your looking for, it'll save you a lot of wasted time and effort. If you want a young pretty princess (high maintenance) then sell the boat and buy a condo, with a large flat screen TV where you can watch shows about boats.
My wife is closer to my age, strong, pretty and accomplished, which means she's a competitive, strong willed and challenging. If your looking for a sea going partner to refurb your boat and travel on it your going to be looking for someone like that. They're few and far between, that much I know.
lifeofreilly57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:37   #2160

Boat: Bristol 47.7

^^^^^
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single