Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2012, 21:20   #166
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: SHTF and Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Az View Post
But as long as they maintain enough cash flow through excessive taxes, they can put off the collapse.

The european banks simply ran out of cash first
not being an economist,but a simple sailor i can only correct your previous post,and since this is thread drift,and not a political forum i think it is best left at that!
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 00:23   #167
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Az

Not sales tax, INCOME tax. This is exactly how it works in real life. By the time the same $100 circulates through the economy, government does in fact collect over $100 in taxes from that same $100 of GDP
Thanks. That was my point exactly but was too knackered to pursue it - LOL

Of course it was somewhat tongue in cheeck.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:29   #168

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54
Smile Re: SHTF and Boats

My solution to any SHTF or end of the world scenario is to open my gun safe, pour a big stiff drink or 3 and sit in my big easy chair and wait for the end! No fuss, no muss because it is all beyond what any of us can do about it!
Might as well go out feelin’ good and without a care in the world...
Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:08   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
Ending the war with A nuke may have saved lives. The second one was just to show the Russians we meant business and were willing to go there. Many historians have agreed on this. That is what I mean by "just to show off".

Nope. The second one was dropped three days later because the Japanese did not immediately surrender. A "renaissance man" does homework.
jmorrison146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 02:38   #170

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Oydssey 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
The most likely problem I see occurring in the near future where isolation and self sufficiency would be a huge advantage, is an outbreak of an airborne virus with human transmission (we have come close to this in the last few years with bird flu scares). Being able to survive several months in isolation would actually be a huge advantage if this occurs.
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 03:14   #171
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
The most likely problem I see occurring in the near future where isolation and self sufficiency would be a huge advantage, is an outbreak of an airborne virus with human transmission (we have come close to this in the last few years with bird flu scares). Being able to survive several months in isolation would actually be a huge advantage if this occurs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcid View Post
Wow, 2012. SWL must be prescient.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 08:38   #172

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Wow, 2012. SWL must be prescient.
I may need to change my user name. Soothsayer Lass has a nice ring to it .

Unfortunately, something like this was bound to happen at some stage. It was just a matter of time. We are very, very lucky it was not worse.

SSL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 09:23   #173

Quote:

Unfortunately, something like this was bound to happen at some stage. It was just a matter of time. We are very, very lucky it was not worse.

SSL
Yep.

People have been talking about this sort of event for years, decades, etc.

Once upon a time, I was trained at one of my jobs on how to fit an N95 mask. Training included a hood and a substance that stunk real bad. This was in the early 2000s when The Swine Flu was the big concern.

The Swine Flu did hit but it was not deadly however it sure spread fast. We were at Disney World with the kids in the midst of the epidemic/pandemic. Everyone in the family got the Swine Flu and got it fast, except the wife, who just happened to be on an anti viral medicine.

You would be perfectly fine, then within an hour or so, the Swine Flu would hit and hit hard. When the first kid got it, we thought the child was just tired, and sat down under the People Mover in Tomorrow Land to take a rest. The kid started coughing. It was a very specific cough. Very different. I could hear that same cough all around us in the crowd...

The flue would hit quickly, kick your a.... for a day, and then be gone, leaving one very tired and worn out. Thankfully, it was not deadly but it sure spread fast.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 15:27   #174

I didn’t buy into it until I was targeted by the alphabet guys for gang stalking, probably after researching the reptilians. Glaxar (from the pleadies system) told me while examining my “starfish” (why are they so obsessed?) soon they would arrive. Glaxar also boasted the cloud seeding was going well, lots of sheeple have been created. Anyway, After glaxar zipped their pants having finished the exam w my probing told me how to protect my thoughts from the black helicopters with a nice tinfoil hat.
I hide out on my boat with massive amounts of ammo and guns, knowing the SHTF any day now. We all know from past experience, “They will come for our guns any day now”.

Nope, not kooky, or paranoid, purely rational thought process.
Say10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2021, 05:53   #175
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say10 View Post
... Anyway, After glaxar zipped their pants having finished the exam w my probing told me how to protect my thoughts from the black helicopters with a nice tinfoil hat.
I hide out on my boat with massive amounts of ammo and guns, knowing the SHTF any day now. We all know from past experience, “They will come for our guns any day now”.
Nope, not kooky, or paranoid, purely rational thought process.
You’ve been misinformed.
Those tin foil hats are, actually, antennas, propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC, which Actually Make it Easier for the Government to Track [or maybe control] Your Thoughts.
They are, however, effective rain blockers, and can camouflage a bad hair event.

“On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets: An Empirical Study” ~ by Ali Rahimi et al
https://www.5gexposed.com/wp-content...ke-it-wose.pdf

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2021, 11:33   #176
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
SHTF and Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Az View Post
But as long as they maintain enough cash flow through excessive taxes, they can put off the collapse.

The european banks simply ran out of cash first

A sovereign paper currency can’t “ run out of cash “, excessive use causes inflation but it doesn’t cause it to” run out “

European banks via the ECB have access to as much money as the ECB decides at any one time

Nothing to do with cash flow.
Old 22-08-2021, 17:44   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
You’ve been misinformed.
Those tin foil hats are, actually, antennas, propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC, which Actually Make it Easier for the Government to Track [or maybe control] Your Thoughts.
They are, however, effective rain blockers, and can camouflage a bad hair event.

“On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets: An Empirical Study” ~ by Ali Rahimi et al
https://www.5gexposed.com/wp-content...ke-it-wose.pdf
That certainly makes sense. While sailing The Cunnilinga, no matter where I went, there “They” were. “They” also plant crazy desires into your mind and make me say things I might regret later….
Say10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 23:13   #178

Boat: Landfall 39 - Ron Amy

I was thinking to invest in brown sails.
I dunno. Totally lost here I guess.
Oeanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 11:30   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
A sovereign paper currency can’t “ run out of cash “, excessive use causes inflation but it doesn’t cause it to” run out “

European banks via the ECB have access to as much money as the ECB decides at any one time

Nothing to do with cash flow.

"excessive use causes inflation"...did you mean excessive supply of money?

Fiat currencies rely on public confidence to retain their value since they are not redeemable for precious metals (which have more or less perpetual and constant values throughout history). When the supply of fiat currency is over-inflated or the public lose confidence the jig is up, in hours.

And that is why those who control the money supply control the world; at least for as long as the world chooses through ignorance, fear or apathy to tolerate their control.
Tillikum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 14:25   #180

Boat: Gallart 13.50 MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannc View Post
Yep.

People have been talking about this sort of event for years, decades, etc.
What's been worrying me lately isn't just that people were warning about a plague forever, it's the list of other things scientists have been warning about for just as long. From the obvious economic political bickering you can see in this thread, to that meteorite we just couldn't see until too late. Who knows when someone might walk off with one of Pakistan's nukes, or North Korea realizes they have everything they need to make a corona virus, that's WAY more deadly, but only to non-oriental populations.

Human technology has vastly surpassed our sociology, and is yet far too feeble to keep us safe. Even the very benign discoveries of aging treatment or prosthetic interfaces, could easily break the world economy and cause massive wars.

Syria has a draught, which causes farmers to go bankrupt, which sends them to the cities for jobs. Unemployment and homelessness skyrockets, leading to mass unrest and civil war. Which causes mass exodus from the country, destabilizing the entire EU, shifting political stances across the continent, and ends up with the UK leaving the EU.

That's about 1% of the projected damage from climate change over the next century.

So what else have we been warned about for decades?
Corvidae is offline   Reply With Quote