Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2021, 07:40   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 31
Sailing Alma - Best Wishes

I have just found this young couple (and their child)'s sailing forum:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SailingAlma

They seem hard workers, with genuine passion. Unfortunately, in one of their last posts, they openly discuss an unfortunate health issue which stopped their adventure dead in its tracks.

I don't know these people, but I can only wish them the best of luck. May he win his battle, and may they all safely return to their beautiful boat.

Fair winds to all
Old 29-03-2021, 07:53   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 31
Re: Sailing Alma - Best Wishes

So, their boat is up for sale. Life has chosen a different path for now... From their YouTube page:

"You guys have probably seen the most recent update about Yulian. He is no longer on the feeding tube, or currently under treatment so he has been recovering pretty good despite the fact that the lymph nodes are still a little swollen. Little Aria is getting bigger and bigger each day and talking a lot so we have just been enjoying each day to the fullest as best as we can. In May, Yulian has another PET scan which we are hoping to get the news we have been waiting for! We will let you guys know the details once it happens.

We also wanted to let you guys know about the most recent decision we have made about Alma. After much thought and a lot of back-and-forth we have decided to put her for sale. It was a hard decision but we believe it is the decision that we need to do for financial reasons. Also, we will need to stay nearby for the frequent scans Yulian will need to have to keep track on the cancer. Alma has been a huge part of us over the years, we spent our first years of marriage rebuilding her growing closer together. We raised Aria on Alma for her first year of life.

We started our Sailing dream, but unfortunately life is unexpected and things have taken a different direction now. We are planning on focusing on ourselves and see what the future will bring. We will always hold onto the wonderful memories and moments we had. We hope to find a good owner/owners who will love her as much as we do.

This decision has been a hard one, but we realize that is a necessary one. Thank you all for everything, your support throughout our journey, your kind words and encouragement.

We are grateful for all of you.

Much love, Yulian, Angela, Baby Aria, Pup Sofia."

Fair winds to all.

Tags
sail, sailing