Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 14:46   #691

Re: Richardson Bay liveaboards, heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
So... your answer to the problem is to offer up more free stuff to be paid for by other hard working people from all income levels? Boaters and non-boaters whether they like it or not... tax them more so that the freeloaders can have even more free stuff.
Should providing LE be classified as "free stuff"? What about your local firehouse? Or a bridge? A road? Our military? Clean air?

Yes, if the so called "free stuff" raises the quality of life for ALL of us - I'm all for it to be paid out of general gov't budgets.

PS If clean air can be "free" why not also clean waters? Or would you require each individual to pay out of pocket for the privilege of breathing clean air?
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 22:47   #692
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
Should providing LE be classified as "free stuff"? What about your local firehouse? Or a bridge? A road? Our military? Clean air?

Yes, if the so called "free stuff" raises the quality of life for ALL of us - I'm all for it to be paid out of general gov't budgets.

PS If clean air can be "free" why not also clean waters? Or would you require each individual to pay out of pocket for the privilege of breathing clean air?
Yeah right... a free pumpout is going to fix this problem? What a joke.

You truly believe the firehouse, a bridge a road and the military are all free? Honestly how can you be so naive? You must also believe that electricity just comes out of the wall like magic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0636.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	144482   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0635.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	144483  

Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:10   #693

Boat: Formosa 41

Quote:
Yeah right... a free pumpout is going to fix this problem? What a joke.

You truly believe the firehouse, a bridge a road and the military are all free? Honestly how can you be so naive? You must also believe that electricity just comes out of the wall like magic.
I think you solved your liveaboard problem with your photos.

I don't think anyone's living aboard the boats you're having a problem with.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 15:31   #694

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot

"Free" pumpout will still require the boat to move to the facility. Since boats in California pay property taxes which are likely to include significant charges for sewage, pump outs here aren't free even if there is no charge at the pumpout facility. ... I pay a vendor $20 to come to my boat to pump out "black."
Old 06-04-2017, 05:09   #695

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
... You must also believe that electricity just comes out of the wall like magic.
Gee... Seems pretty magical to me, considering what we have to go through for the same thing on the yacht!
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:52   #696
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
"Free" pumpout will still require the boat to move to the facility.
Not necessarily. The grants that marinas typically obtain from the state to have fixed pumpout stations installed are also available for mobile, boat-to-boat services. The same limitations apply however. ie: maximum $10 fee for use etc.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 10:22   #697

Boat: O38 & J24

A couple of updates on the Richardson Bay derelict boats...1) 16 boats went adrift in the past week and one boat sank after it was struck by an unoccupied vessel (a dog on the sunken boat drowned)...a full accounting of property & environmental damage is still being tabulated (including the environmentally sensitive Richardson Bay Audubon Bird Sanctuary), 2) a $1M crazy/tin-foil-hat lawsuit was filed to prevent the seizure of certified 'marine debris' -aka derelict boats- that threaten navigation and the Bay's ecology, and 3) the Richardson Bay Harbormaster has been threatened (and pepper sprayed in the face) by derelict boat fanatics and thugs.
Fluer de Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 10:35   #698
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluer de Mer View Post
A couple of updates on the Richardson Bay derelict anchor-out boats...1) 16 of these boats went adrift in the past week and one boat sank after it was struck by an unoccupied vessel...
Well, maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Time for these losers to go.

Shame about the dog.
Old 24-01-2021, 10:39   #699
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Well, maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Time for these losers to go.
Go where ? I say city hall .
I agree with removal of derelict vessels that actually pose a danger to individuals who are occupying them but there needs to be a plan in place to take care of the people so displaced . After all California has one of the highest numbers of homeless veterans and people in general .
Old 24-01-2021, 10:44   #700
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Go where ?
Look, I don't get to live in a dilapidated RV on any beautiful, ecologically sensitive beach that I choose. This is no different. You and I have to play by the rules and so should these people.
Old 24-01-2021, 10:49   #701

Boat: 1998 Nauticat 515
Send a message via Skype™ to lelievre12

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Go where ? I say city hall .
I agree with removal of derelict vessels that actually pose a danger to individuals who are occupying them but there needs to be a plan in place to take care of the people so displaced . After all California has one of the highest numbers of homeless veterans and people in general .
Nope. Its not the responsibility of the RBRA to provide housing for folks illegally moored any more than it is for you to provide them housing if they camp in your driveway. There are other agencies directly tasked with those responsibilities.

What the RBRA is responsible for is the safety and preservation of the Bay as a resource for all. Leaving unprepared folks afloat during the savage winter storms puts lives at risk for no other reason than RBRA's own inability to enforce its own regulations. The RBRA charter has nothing to do with homelessness and so its unwillingness is inexplicable.

Sausalito City has taken control of its portion of the Bay and quickly dealt with all the issues that RBRA has not. So far all the deaths and wrecks occurring in the recent year (as they do each year) are emanating only from RBRA jurisdiction. A tragedy right on our doorstep.
lelievre12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:52   #702

Boat: O38 & J24

Update: Saw this sunk 'craft' in Richardson Bay yesterday near the fuel dock...besides ejecting loads of flotsam from it's 'hoarders delight' deck, all kinds of god-knows-what is most certainly leaking from it as I write this. The public and other responsible boaters will have to foot the ~$50K environmental cleanup and disposal cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Richardson Bay 022321.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	453.7 KB
ID:	233161  
Fluer de Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 08:00   #703
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluer de Mer View Post
Update: Saw this sunk 'craft' in Richardson Bay yesterday near the fuel dock...besides ejecting loads of flotsam from it's 'hoarders delight' deck, all kinds of god-knows-what is most certainly leaking from it as I write this. The public and other responsible boaters will have to foot the ~$50K environmental cleanup and disposal cost.
Need more information looks like a reasonable Ketch that sunk .
Old 23-02-2021, 08:02   #704

Boat: 1998 Nauticat 515
Send a message via Skype™ to lelievre12

I believe that one sank after a propane explosion. The occupant was injured according to the reporting.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...=snd-autopilot
lelievre12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 08:08   #705
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelievre12 View Post
I believe that one sank after a propane explosion. The occupant was injured according to the reporting.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...=snd-autopilot
Thank you the article answers the question

A 2019 vessel census of anchored Richardson Bay boats determined the Folie Douce was inoperable and not part of the RBRA’s Safe and Seaworthy Program.

Tags
head, liveaboard