Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 09:48   #181
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Re: Richardson Bay liveaboards, heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
That so many boats remain in Richardson bay, must mean that no crimes are being committed.
Right. 'Cause criminals commiting crimes are always caught by law enforcement agencies, 100% of the time. Jeezus.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:05   #182
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

sailorchick i am so glad you also take the stance opposite the bullies. folks do have rights, and bullies see fit to remove said rights. is not only the ones with money who have rights, but ALL citizens of usa.
judgementalist bullies see fit to arbitrarily remove the rights of those they see unfit and allegedly unworthy of said privilege they have decided is their own. eg, anchoring privileges in certain specific bays.
undue harassment has been unlawful as long as i can remember in cali.
i will always side with the underdog. that does not mean i am a part of that which your judgementalist opinions have so liberally labelled and included in your bullying rantings.
granted the dwellings shown are a lil uglier than i usually keep as neighbors, HOWEVER, they do have a right to be protected from undue harassment of folks' denigrations and disrespect as has been verbalized online here in this oh must be nice forum.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:30   #183

Boat: O38 & J24

I sure hope that the sinking, sunk, and El Niño rain flushed ‘boats’ - aka: maritime debris - in these 12/31/15 photos and the dozens of others posted on this discussion thread (pp. 11 & 12) aren’t discharging, leaking, or leaching any biohazardous chemicals or effluent into the tidal currents such that the wildlife are poisoned in the adjacent [only yards away] ~1,000 acre Richardson Bay Audubon Sanctuary. Fingers crossed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	116468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture10.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	116469  

Name:	Picture11.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	428.3 KB
ID:	116470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture27.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	116472  

Name:	Picture28.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	116473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture35.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	116474  

Fluer de Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:40   #184

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
sailorchick i am so glad you also take the stance opposite the bullies. folks do have rights, and bullies see fit to remove said rights. is not only the ones with money who have rights, but ALL citizens of usa.
judgementalist bullies see fit to arbitrarily remove the rights of those they see unfit and allegedly unworthy of said privilege they have decided is their own. eg, anchoring privileges in certain specific bays.
undue harassment has been unlawful as long as i can remember in cali.
i will always side with the underdog. that does not mean i am a part of that which your judgementalist opinions have so liberally labelled and included in your bullying rantings.
So if someone was taking a crap on the ground in a public park would it be bully behavior to object to that? Okay, how about if they were crapping in a bucket inside their van and then taking the bucket out and dumping it by a tree?
Just exactly how is it within someones rights to do that?
Liam Wald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:41   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluer de Mer View Post
I sure hope that the sinking, suack]and [/COLOR]El Niño rain flushed ‘boats’ - aka: maritime debris - in these 12/31/15 photos and the dozens of others posted on this discussion thread (pp. 11 & 12) aren’t discharging, leaking, or leaching any biohazardous chemicals or effluent into the tidal currents such that the wildlife are poisoned in the adjacent [only yards away] ~1,000 acre Richardson Bay Audubon Sanctuary. Fingers crossed!
i believe when researched that you will find these let much less effluent and toxic chemicals into sf bay than do the surrounding communities and businesses.
as for el niño, wait til this super el niño sends its fun to ye then bitch. prolly find the dead bodies out at sea in semi sunk hulks 30 mi offshore.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:44   #186
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
i believe when researched that you will find these let much less effluent and toxic chemicals into sf bay than do the surrounding communities and businesses.
So, because there are other, worse polluters, it's OK for these derelicts to be allowed to pollute?

That's exactly the same as saying, "I should be allowed to steal a bike because it's not as a bad as stealing a car."

BTW- the point that continues to be ignored by you supporters is that virtually every one of these POS boats are now and have been for years, in violation of the anchoring and discharge regulations currently in effect in Richardson Bay.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:49   #187

I really hate it when people just make things up, spew hyperbole, and then tell me to go out and "do the research".
Old 10-01-2016, 10:51   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Wald View Post
I really hate it when people just make things up, spew hyperbole, and then tell me to go out and "do the research".
rodl. who you lying about THIS time??
Old 10-01-2016, 10:53   #189

Quote:
So are you saying that you would rather sit in a bath tub full of what is coming out of these live aboard derelict boats than a bath tub full of what is being released from the San Rafael water treatment plant?
Old 10-01-2016, 11:19   #190
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Right. 'Cause criminals commiting crimes are always caught by law enforcement agencies, 100% of the time. Jeezus.
Ah but the marin and sausalito police boats are always boarding and checking the boats on the bay. Most of the folks anchoring out are not criminals. No more so then on land.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:24   #191
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Wald View Post
So if someone was taking a crap on the ground in a public park would it be bully behavior to object to that? Okay, how about if they were crapping in a bucket inside their van and then taking the bucket out and dumping it by a tree?
Just exactly how is it within someones rights to do that?
The problem is a lack of public toilet facilities to deal with the homeless. People are going to poop once way or another.

Sort of like the millions of gallons of partly treated sewage overflowed into the bay at Sausolito's and San Francisco's treatment plant every winter during heavy rains. They have combined sewers so in rainy season things tend to wash into the bay.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:27   #192
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluer de Mer View Post
I sure hope that the sinking, sunk, and El Niño rain flushed ‘boats’ - aka: maritime debris - in these 12/31/15 photos and the dozens of others posted on this discussion thread (pp. 11 & 12) aren’t discharging, leaking, or leaching any biohazardous chemicals or effluent into the tidal currents such that the wildlife are poisoned in the adjacent [only yards away] ~1,000 acre Richardson Bay Audubon Sanctuary. Fingers crossed!
No different then the pesticides, fertilizers, dog poop, etc washed into the bay from land during rainy season. So your implying it's ok for the folks on land to pollute???
Old 10-01-2016, 11:32   #193

i soooo love when trolls and bullies put words into my mouth. as they judge the hell out of folks they never met nor ever will, as their loftiness prevents their mingling with real folk, they are unable to understand any other point of view than their own. to them everything in life has a dollar value, and that is the only reason for anything done by these.
a rose blooms with sweet perfume, they bitch about the air pollution.
because something is not verbalized in a way easily understandable to and by their second grade reading level, they criticize it and seek its destruction. irrelevant mebbe someone has last gasp home there. doesnt matter if it is their long lost brother from mia-ville, war central...sandbox vs tropics, irrelevant. omygods i sugly--ditch it. i cannot stand it-- destroy it.
never put words into the mouths of others--you cannot understand that of which they speak--shut up and listen a while and learn.
rodlmffao--short-term memory loss here--trolls cannot learn. it is likened to teaching a pig to sing.
and NO ONE suggested swimming in any bays or inland waterways within borders of cali or anywhere. might wanna brush up on your lack of reading skills
Old 10-01-2016, 11:43   #194

Boat: Formosa 41

All you need is a law that life has to be pretty. / sarc.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:59   #195

to all of you hoping these unsightly boats exit the bay before you have to drive by to check yet again, you may well receive that for which you pray to your gods.... as super el nino sends fronts and storms to you, it looks as if your fondest wishes will come to fruition. mebbe even the heavy metals found in the bay mud stand a chance of being washed out a tad.... i am sure the resident uglinesses placed that there deliberately merely to goad you.

Tags
head, liveaboard