Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2015, 08:39   #1

Boat: 1984 Hunter 36ft sloop
Random blabber

A few months ago, I sold my Hunter 36, with the thoughts of moving to OR with my family (from SoCal) and buying up there. Well, as fate would have it one divorce later....and no more money for another boat, I sit here still in SoCal (happily) and without a boat. Now, to be clear I was living on my 36 so it was my home.

Now what? Well, a younger coworker of mine has recently discovered the joy of sailing and is now in his hunt to purchase. The excitement and the joy in his face reminds me of my joy, when I had mine. I woke up one morning last week and announced, I'm getting another boat (to no one but me of course).
After spending the weekend watching video blogs of cruisers from all over, I've solidified my intentions. So what to get?

Hence this post....

I will be purchasing a project for the next year, and working on her as time goes. I will keep posting about it, on this tab, until she hits the water.
My intention is to have her drydocked and work on her. What kind/size/make/year? I have no idea. But I'm going for it. I will post pics and updates weekly moving forward. We shall see what happens.

To all those dads out there that lost it all (boat, money, house) in a divorce....words of encouragement would be much appreciated at anytime!! My kids are still young, and I want to give them the life of a sailor, as I had.

D
Old 27-04-2015, 08:58   #2

Re: Random blabber

Great plan! Have fun...

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote