Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2022, 21:19   #16

Boat: Landfall 39 - Ron Amy
Re: Portable Diesel Heater Exhaust Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatyHouseGuy View Post
Hey all,

… I want to vent the exhaust out of a window. I’m just not sure what meter I’ll to fabricate it out of or if it’s even possible with the temperature of the exhaust hose. Ideally I would fab something from wood and just stick it in the window to vent out of it.
When we wanted to test out a wood stove in the boat once, we ran the stovepipe out the window space through a 6” hole cut in some sheet metal (an old steel road sign). Easily done. Or easier yet- use aluminum which is much softer and can be cut with most woodworking tools, and use a hole-saw bit to cut the appropriate size exhaust hole.

But as others have said- I really think you’d be happier if you put the heater outside, in some sort of little doghouse, and route the hot air duct in to the boat instead. It will be safer and quieter, plus there will be more room. The exhaust pipe gets very hot.
Oeanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, exhaust, heater