Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2019, 09:11   #46

Boat: 1976 Morgan O.I. 28
Re: PLEASE POST YOUR MARINA COST

Paradise Marina, North Fort Myers Marina, $456 / mo for 32 ft boat. Comes with water, electricity (unmetered), free pump outs, wi-fi, showers, bathrooms, large screened-in lanai.
mjaymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 09:23   #47

Palma, Majorca. real Club Nautico de Palma

262 euros/night for a 65 footer.
B23iL23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 09:45   #48

Boat: Catalina 36

Here choose the right one
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	198751
Cat36Mahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 09:47   #49
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 36-1
Send a message via Skype™ to George DuBose

Skylark, a 1973 Pearson 36-1 lies in Compagnieshaven in the village of Enkhuizen, NL. Her dockage costs €1500 from April to November, €400 additional if I leave her in the water or another €1500 to remove the mast, store the mast in a garage, rental of a cradle from November - March.

Compagnieshaven is a five gold anchor marina, the water and electricity are free. We have no issues with thievery and the harbormasters control the boats every morning and are on hand when the wind gets extreme.

For such a nice marina, I think I am getting a great deal.

I recently visited my old boatyard in East Hampton, NY, where I paid $600 for the whole year and since I have been away for 20 years, the prices are now around $3000 for the season only.

I think that The Netherlands is one of the cheapest places in the western world to keep a boat. Many Brits are getting wise to this and with the cheap airfares to Amsterdam, they are keeping their boats in Holland and saving money even considering the cost of the flights.
George DuBose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 09:49   #50

Boat: Nonsuch 30 Classic

Beach Marine. Jacksonville Beach Fl. $12 per ft wet storage fee , $50./Month for 30amp elec. Total with taxes and fees $475.00 ish for a 30 ft boat. $18/ ft /month Liveaboard
Fishbone 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 10:15   #51

Boat: Watkins 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpilot88 View Post
greeting! First post here,

could everyone post their marina, sizeboat, boat slip cost(with electric) on here? I just want to get an idea. Looking at getting a sailboat. Also if they are on a hook.

Lee

Im in Ft. Lauderdale...up the New River at a dock behind a private home. Ive got a 29 foot Sloop and pay $250 a month. It takes me 1 hour to get to the ICW and 2 hours to get to Port Everglades. I have to open 4 at least 4 bridges, 6 bridges if the trains are running.

The closer you get to the ICW, the more expensive it is. Private docks close to the ICW run anywhere from $20 a foot to $100 a foot.

We have to compete with the mega yachts that come here for the winter and drive up the prices for everything.
dennismenace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 10:19   #52

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 1150 (Papeete), Beneteau First 35s5 (Vancouver)

Marina Taina in Papeete, Tahiti.

High season(March-Sept): US$31/foot/day
Low Season (Oct-Feb): US$16/foot/day.

We are a fender width away from our neighbours on both sides. It is very cosy but also very tricky to get in and out of the slip.
Old 28-08-2019, 10:28   #53

Boat: Lagoon TPI 37'

One place you may want to look is: Yacht Clubs. Our Marinas in our area charge about $12.50/foot/month and metered electricity.

We joined the yacht club $1500/year but our slip was $8.50/ft.month with electric surcharge ($30/month). It was basically the same but the amenities for the Yacht club are much better than the marina.

Interesting our yacht club can't advertise slip rental, therefore didn't come up in the search. We had to search yacht clubs.

Pensacola, FL
BTW, I like this thread because it gives cruisers good insight to travels far away.
sailingchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 10:38   #54

Boat: Polynesia 40/42
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailorman Ed

New Bern, NC, 4-5 hours to Beaufort Inlet $257 / month plus 10% surcharge for a 39 ft cat slip ( double width), electricity is extra. Not fancy but very well protected and nice management.
Sailorman Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 11:35   #55

Here are the prices in southern Minnesota and western Wisconsin.

First, the Mississippi, upstream to downstream, along with the St. Croix which flows into it. Together with Lake Minnetonka, which is an inland lake not connected to the river system.

Few of these marinas publish prices.

I called around a while ago and asked for prices for a 30' boat. These are prices for one year, and in most cases include: the slip, winter storage, spring launch, fall haulout, and summer storage for a trailer, cradle, or jacks. They also include water, free use of pump-out facilities (usually self-serve), and electricity. Many of the marinas only price the slips this way. For the ones that price "a la carte" I have added everything up.

There are a couple of exceptions that are warm-water marinas that encourage people to store their boats in the water all year and therefore don't include haulout, launch, and storage pricing.

Mississippi pool #2

Starting in St. Paul with the upstream most marina on the whole river. Some have insufficient depth for sailboats in slack water conditions. There is no place to sail without locking through to pool #3

Watergate, $3300
St. Paul Yacht Club, $3000. Transient rate $1/foot/day
River Heights, $2400
Twin City Marina, $79/foot/year ($2370 for 30'). Rate includes haulout and winter storage although I seem to recall that there are a few boats that stay in the water all winter
Hidden Harbor, $1850, Transient rate $35/day, liveaboard-friendly, warm water
River Grove, $1890, warm water

Transient slips are typically around $40 per day and are readily available

St. Croix River and Mississippi pool #3

There are approximately 20 marinas in this area, but most use a cooperative model where you purchase a slip rather than renting it. Prices are high and waiting lists long.

Representative example:

Afton Marina -- $5760 per year. Slips also available for purchase, $70,000.

Lake Pepin/ Mississippi pool #4

Red Wing marinas -- $2100 per year, run by the city, 3 of them with the same rates. Several private facilities in the same area with similar rates. Must motor one hour downstream to Lake Pepin in order to sail.

Red Wing has free transient slips for day use. There is also a sea wall that used to be available for free transient docking that is being rebuilt. I am unsure whether they will still allow docking when it is done.

Lake Pepin - best sailing in the area but farther from the metro area so prices are lower than the St. Croix

Lake City Marina, $2150 per year plus a non-refundable initiation fee of $2150. Larger marina with active racing organizations. Run by the city. Free transient docking for day use.

Hansen's Harbor, $2430 for 28' slip. Smaller, private marina and boatyard with much better wind protection than Lake City.

Prices are similar on the Wisconsin side of Pepin

Lake Minnetonka
$4000 for slip only on the West Arm along with a pool and clubhouse but no electricity. Water available on shore, run a 100' hose to your boat. Overhead obstruction at 14'9" separates this bay from the main part of the lake. No liveaboards on the entire lake under county ordinance
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 11:42   #56

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

The internet is your friend. Try Cruising Guide.com, marinas.com, active captain.com precise information on costs, location, facilities, on scores of marinas anywhere you would like to dock. There can be a vast difference in costs of marinas even in the same location.
captlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 12:01   #57

Boat: Watkins 29

Marina Bay in Ft. Lauderdale on the New River....good hurricane hole....''

https://www.marinabay-fl.com/wp-cont...eSheet2019.pdf

City of Ft. Lauderdale marina dock rates....
https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/home/...ument?id=12181

Pretty much all the other public marinas in Ft. lauderdale operate under the premise that if you have to ask the rental rate....You cant afford it.
dennismenace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 12:44   #58

Location: Currently at Point Marina in Whortensville, North Carolina
Boat: Nauticat NC36 36'

$150.00/Month for 36' boat with a beautiful clubhouse at Point Marina in Whortonsville, NC USA. Up Broad Creek past River Dunes about 11 miles down the Neuse River from Oriental, NC. Nothing like groceries or hardware. etc. any closer than Oriental, but very private and quiet place.

Al, S/V Finlandia
Old 28-08-2019, 13:38   #59

Boat: Seafarer36c

In the Rio Dulce there are a bunch of places to dock, (Belizesailor's place) There are probably 10 marinas that all keep their prices about the same, maybe $5 US per foot/ month. Water is free but electrons are not .50 per kw.
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 13:43   #60

I pay $2,400 a month in the BVI for a 47' cat, plus water and electricity are metered. At my yacht club in Hawaii I pay $172/mo. for a 41' monohull.

State marina's in Hawaii are more like $700/mo. for a 47" cat. Don't know if they separately meter yet but I know all marinas worldwide are working on this.

Pays to have some solar PV to keep the batteries up and not use dock power.
jmschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease