Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2020, 05:50   #16

Re: Our cruising costs: Month 16 for a middle-aged couple on a modest boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
Pretty much the same here boats since around 1972. Maybe 12 so far.

As far as cost to cruise, I'm hoping $1500/month with $500 splurges here and there as I said, but at the same time, I'll still have the house and vehicles to keep up for family and extended family members which includes my ex

I'll still need figure out how to get my 10 speed 58cm or 59cm bike (which ever one I take) back and forth to the boat without using a marina and keeping it out of salt water
That's where my costs are greatly reduced, my connection with the land is minimal at best. No car, no house, kids grown, ex's out of the picture. If I could find a source for coffee out of the ocean I'd be all set. All that being said my little dog is wonderful company and I love her dearly but a companion of my own species at times enters my mind, although I recognize suitable candidates may be rare indeed.
fish53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:03   #17

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: Our cruising costs: Month 16 for a middle-aged couple on a modest boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish53 View Post
That's where my costs are greatly reduced, my connection with the land is minimal at best. No car, no house, kids grown, ex's out of the picture. If I could find a source for coffee out of the ocean I'd be all set. All that being said my little dog is wonderful company and I love her dearly but a companion of my own species at times enters my mind, although I recognize suitable candidates may be rare indeed.
Yeah, the companion thing can get complicated.

I'll be happy single handing at first I'm thinking since I'm surrounded by people all the time now and have to deal with my entire workforce, but at some point, I'm sure I'll need human contact after cruising for a while alone.

I'll probably be one of those cruisers that when he finally gets back on land you cannot shut him up either at the marina or the bar....at least for a day or so.
thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, cruising