Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2019, 15:43   #1

Boat: Bristol 35.5
NJ to Fla. 6 weeks

Hi all,
just got back to nj from green cove springs (by car). had to come back to tie up some loose ends and some locksmith work to pick up some cash on while i get rid of possessions. first timer on a pearson 35, by first time i mean FIRST TIMER. i left nj around halloween, singlehanded, first time on boat and first time doing anything like this ever. learned a lot the hard way. Hit three storms, but was very cautious and put in safe places . the worst arctic blast in history, 20 degree weather was not on my to do list, hit bottom a bunch and did the inside from Cape May on down. Main concern was getting the boat to warmer waters out of nj and hopin to get back to it in about 2-3 months for full time liveaboard. bought it on ebay bout 7-8 years ago, added a oversized maxwell windlass with remote (remote was the nuts).. nature's head, mantus 45 with lots of chain. portland pudgy dinghy (got lots of compliments and questions on it). engel cooler and yeti for icebox. need to get rid of honda generator and add solar, with my means i need to k.i.s.s. Got beat up a bunch, sheets got loose from inexperience and genoa blowin all over cause of too much sail. pretty scary at times. Dragged off a sandbar in deltaville once by a good soul seeing my predicament, ended up in the dinghy lowering the anchor and all chain to kedge off, entire episode turned into a chore. lost balance and fell in, water was warm and 3 ft depth so all good, was not paying real close attention to that narrow channel, live and learn! had a brand new diesel that came with the boat (70 hours). at 67 yrs old and with a real bad back i figure i hit a home run getting it done. thru all the years of reading posts here i have to say this forum helped a lot.. thanx to all for the product recommendations and the info and tips on the intracoastal. after reading what people bought and swore by i grabbed a few things up, everything i bought over the years was the best, not sorry about any purchase. 6 weeks of no pool table put me in a bad way, missed that the most.. whatta ride!