Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 21:45   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: Newbie Transitioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket7045 View Post
Just starting the down sizing in preparation to eventually move on the boat that we have yet to buy.... so can't even really imagine moving and downsizing that quickly and efficiently.
Welcome to CF Cricket
And a belated welcome to Valacirca (I love the sound of your green dishes and wine glasses - just layer the plates with thin non skid matting and wrap each glass in bubble wrap and they will store just about anywhere).

Quote:
But as David M commented the only thing that I can't let go of is my husband, everything else is just stuff.
+1 .
Born free, live free. Don't form any deep attachments to anything other than those close to you (gosh, I've woken up philosophical this morning LOL). No reason though why you can't get lots of pleasure from any of your possessions, just don't have so many that they not only weigh you down, but possess you.

Quote:
and who says you have to get rid of your perfect wine glasses and dishes.... as items break replace them with something new and different and at that point maybe something a little more practical for a boat.
Breakages are not all bad. Storage space is vey limited, so generally new stuff doesn't creep on board unless something has broken/worn out/been lost overboard. The occasional new item is often fun to source and brings fresh pleasure .
Life wasn't meant to be practical

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote