Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2018, 06:48   #1

Need tips on buying new boat

Later this year I will most likley sell my cabin and buy a sailboat to liveaboard in, my price range is about 20-30.000$ so not the highest one but should be able to get something decent for it.

I'm looking for something in the 30-35 foot range.
Have been looking at different boats, many are really nice but most lack something i want. I know I can't get everything, but some should be possible.
Things i want is a shower and wast tank so it's possible to use it while in the harbour, decent ammount of storage would be nice, and space enough to hang up wet clothes. A aft cabin for storage and centre cockpit seems like something nice, but read somewhere that they might not be good to use out on the big blue.

It needs to be well insulated since I live in the north of europe and it gets cold here, really cold...
A 'hardtop spray hood' (not sure what it's called) is also a thing i would like, so you can cover the whole cockpit with a roof.

The 30ft Rawson looks amazing, but I don't like the 'steering stick' (again not sure what it's called) in the middle of the cockpit.
I also like the Nordship 32, but would like a bit more protection for the rudder and propeller, and it seems like there is no shower in them.
The dream would be a Amel Sharki, but it's about twice what I can afford so It will be in the future sometime.

And it needs to be a good boat for sailing the big blue. Speed is not important, stability is more.
I would need a bit space inside since i need to have things like a washing machine there (will buy one of thise small ones for a caravan to use) since we don't have laundry services and so here.

I have most likley forgotten about something, but that can come when I remember it

Thanks for all answers
Smiil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, buying