Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2012, 13:56   #16

As for it is cheaper. My rent would be 950 per month electric another 100 or so gas the same lawn care, insurance.. Omg! Let me stop. Lol!! I called a few.places today and the high end I would pay 500 per month for just the slip water and electric.

Im never home and when im off I always want to go somewhere. This will be good for me
NaturalMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 14:02   #17

Hi Lin!! I plan to go sailing every second im off lol!! I work so much and I do need time to enjoy life.

Here is how I look at it.... If mans life span is 70 on the average, im 41 now which means I got a quarter left to enjoy it all. I will spend 5 more here and tbe rest traveling everywhere!!!!
Old 16-01-2012, 14:31   #18

Boat: C&C Newport 41
Re: My New Adventure !!!!!!!

right...

is that 500 for the slip or a live aboard slip? boat insurance? tow insurance, yacht club fees... an apartment in disrepair is a lot different than a boat in disrepair (especially as your intention is to sail and not own a floating apartment) so the notion of upkeep becomes a totally different argument.

personally, i can ignore a lot in my house as it is pretty big but cant seem to ignore little things on my boat as every inch is right under my nose all the time.

as a professional chef, i love to cook and, yet, find i spend more $$ on food while living on than when i have access to a big fridge / freezer AND i eat out more often while living on.

additionally, i spend more on random odds and ends (laundry / dry cleaning, cleaning supplies (i dont like harsh chemicals on the boat) etc) while living on.

i am not discouraging you AT ALL. i think life on board is great and prefer it to going home to the house. it just is not really less expensive.

picking up what i am putting down?

-steve
ssanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 15:56   #19

Steve I like you already we need to get beers and hang lol!

The slip is 9 dollars per foot. I have a 27 foot. 120 per month for liveaboard. Plus 5 dollars extrA for water. The electric is billed monrhly around 40 dollars depend on your use. Insurance is 400 for the year. I am not joining any clubs or anything. I myself love to cook I own a resturant as well. The galley is small but I will remodel it to suit my needs. My expence on a monthly wad around 4500 im sure living simple and not driving much will be alot less. Lol!!

We will see but I take everything you say to heart. Thanks bro
Old 16-01-2012, 16:48   #20

Boat: Cheoy Lee Clipper 36 - Rapport
Re: My New Adventure !!!!!!!

Look at Carter's Cove Marina in Weems, VA. Very live-aboard friendly. Nice new docks, bathrooms, Wi-Fi. Close to town and very friendly people.
Old 16-01-2012, 16:59   #21

Great!!! Thank you