Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2018, 19:16   #76

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Month 15 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat

I have visited KW a few times, once stayed in the morning field, but never again. First I donít like mooring fields, feel too much like trailer parks to me, but the one in KW was a pain, and didnít offer anything, and the Prison bathrooms are a special treat.
Then I have stayed in a Marina there, one right by the CG station, but now we are Retired and cruising, so thatís not happening.

However I have never anchored at West Palm, nor Marathon. I always came from the Gulf before and the water north of Marathon made me nervous, a lot of water is missing from those parts.

No concern about working, that part of my life is hopefully over. We are just marking time as we will likely go to Mexico with a buddy Boat and are waiting on them, so I figure we will kill a month maybe.

How are the anchorages in KW now, specifically the one just North of the CG station as I assume itís closest to dinghy in from. Are they full of sunk boats, is that area still useable for an anchorage?

Iíll probably start my own thread and not continue to hijack this one, sorry, but figured it was pretty much dead with month 16 coming soon, and I assume itís own thread.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 11:09   #77

Boat: Various
Re: Month 15 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat

I think of Key West for a weekend or a week. For longer periods, I think more of Marathon and Islamorada.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 11:24   #78
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Re: Month 15 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
In the US, Enterprise often runs $30 for the entire weekend deals ($12.99 a day plus taxes and so forth).
Just booked a hire car for 7 days in the Algarve - VW Polo for £8.52 total

The US east coast would certainly be an interesting area to visit, but from this thread & friends who have sailed there it's just too expensive , plus all the hoops to jump through to get a visa. Oh well , plenty nice places in the world .
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, cruising