Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2020, 09:24   #166

Boat: morgan O/I 33' sloop
Re: Miami Beach Anchoring Harassment

North of the bridges the bay is mostly too shallow for anchoring. Tbere is a small apartment building at Alton Road with a dock they never used. You might swing by and try to work a deal with the suoer or owner.
Dave22q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 09:41   #167

Boat: morgan O/I 33' sloop
Re: Miami Beach Anchoring Harassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotyou View Post
Think about shining the light of day on that agent. Contact local news and see if one of their cub reporters will run with the story. If you’re legal and he’s just intimidating you for personal gain I’d enjoy the opportunity to call him out.
first call the FWC office and ask for the watch commander. In a nice way tell him his officer appears to be out of bounds but you would prefer to solve this problem informally. I will be surprised if this does not suffice. As last resort, borrow a second cell phone and set to record when you see the cop. Visibly record the complete interaction until the cop physically stops you. Promise him anything to get him to leave. Then back to the watch commander, present him a copy of the complete tape as you film the interaction. Tell him you prefer not to go downtown to the TV stations plus filing a formal complaint but that is his decision, you never want to see that officer again. Of course, if the officer tosses your phone into the drink you need to demand cash for a rtop dollar replacement within 24 hours.
Dave22q is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, anchoring, men, miami