CYM and Cabrillo way in San Pedro:
1. waiting list at CYM for liveaboard not sure about Cabrillo way
2. the wind
blows like stink up there everyday, a protected slip behind the hotel
would be preferred.
3. If you want a quite, sleepy marina, without anything to do within walking distance, San Pedro is perfect.
Long Beach is Rainbow Harbor, Shoreline, and Alamitos Bay
1. You need a slip before getting on the livaboard waiting list, so you would want to get a slip ASAP. The wait is probably 4-6 months now for livaboard.
2. These Marinas
are the best for walking to restuarants and entertainment, Rainbow and Shoreline more so then Alamitos.
3. Probably your best choice if you have to drive to riverside everyday. however unless you start work
early or late your screwed the 91 is a parking lot during rush hours.
and then there is Newport
1. Expensive (probably around 1300/month for a 44)
2. No liveaboards.
3. Great central Orange County location
A few other things note worthy, San Pedro and Long Beach are best for sailing to Catalina
. CYM doesn't have electronic key fobs.......yet. Alamitos and Rainbow doesn't have electronic key fobs, neither does Newport
or Dana Point