Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2023, 14:59   #1

Looking to meet East Coast Liveaboards

Hi All,

I am starting to pursue my dream of living aboard a sailboat. I'm driving the entire East Coast to visit marinas, people, boats, etc.

If anybody on the East Coast who is a liveaboard or has been a liveaboard would be available to meet, I would love to get together and hopefully learn something from your experiences. I'll buy the drinks and the meal!

Please reply to this thread or send me a direct message if available and I'll adjust my trip to come see you!

Thanks,
Andy
astonemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2023, 16:30   #2

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay
Re: Looking to meet East Coast Liveaboards

Hi Andy,
I just got back from the east coast or I would let you buy me a beer. Assuming of course you mean the east coast of the USA, and not say the east coast of Oz.

Joking aside it would be helpful to clarify which you can do in your profile if you'd like. Welcome to the forum and good luck.
Old 18-01-2023, 04:55   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

I'll pass on the beer, meal, driving, etc; however, with 45 years of living aboard and East Coast US cruising spawned from a youthful dream, I'm ready to share thoughts and experiences on this forum. That's the convenience of this platform.
Old 18-01-2023, 05:46   #4

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay

By the way your driving trip along the coast sounds epic. Be sure to check out Georgetown, S.C. and Port Royal which is just next to Beufort, S.C.
Old 18-01-2023, 12:52   #5

Boat: Ensign 1659: Recently sold: 1984 Aphrodite 101 Hull #264
Send a message via Skype™ to NormanMartin

Welcome. I am on Cape Cod and you may visit sometime. However, to answer your question:
Got a call from a long time friend and live aboard. She asked if I knew why a certain electrical problem existed and how to fix it. We talked for a while about ideas. Got off the phone and talked with my wife about the boat problem. Wife asked how it was different from our surprising increase in electrical usage here at the house. It isn't. To think about the problem, we went for a beach walk. Our liveaboard friend went for a row to the beach.

Living aboard is a lot like living in a house ashore. You need to pick the right dwelling, location, society, etc. For some it works. For others, not so much.

Norm
NormanMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2023, 04:16   #6

Andy,

You’re my cup of tea! I’m doing the same thing, and moved to Maine to do so! The world’s introduction to CoVid has interrupted my process, but I bought a farm close to the ocean in the interim, as a launching platform. We should meet up!

This year I will be looking hard at 35 to 38 foot Island Packets.

Personal Message me, and we can make it happen…. *free lodging up at the farm, so come along!

Bill
Papasail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, liveaboard