Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2012, 11:30   #61

Re: Looking for synergy partner

PS: it aint about being bitter,. its about finding some one compatible with the lifestyle i choose.
Old 20-11-2012, 18:31   #62

Boat: 1982 S2 8.0b 26'

Ain't it funny how a girl can't ask for a platonic sailing partner without everybody assuming it's about sex?

Seems like a reasonable request; I'd just worry that #1: 22 feet is very little space for two people, much less two people that don't know each other. #2: I would only want to have a full-time boat partner I knew well enough to know that they weren't going to drive me nuts. Once money's invested and somebody else has up and left with you, it's hard to throw them off your boat if they annoy the crap out of you.

Just do it yourself; once you get to know people wherever your boat ends up, maybe you'll get to know somebody well enough to invite them to stay on your boat short term, and then you'll know if you can handle them being there in the long run.
Dameon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 02:02   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon View Post
Ain't it funny how a girl can't ask for a platonic sailing partner without everybody assuming it's about sex?

Seems like a reasonable request; I'd just worry that #1: 22 feet is very little space for two people, much less two people that don't know each other. #2: I would only want to have a full-time boat partner I knew well enough to know that they weren't going to drive me nuts. Once money's invested and somebody else has up and left with you, it's hard to throw them off your boat if they annoy the crap out of you.

Just do it yourself; once you get to know people wherever your boat ends up, maybe you'll get to know somebody well enough to invite them to stay on your boat short term, and then you'll know if you can handle them being there in the long run.
Not About a permanent partner ship. Idea was a short term thing with someone that wanted to be in right place to look for their own boat while I'm looking for mine. Me living with any one for more then a week or two is going to make me crazy and I know it.
The really funny part is those who think it is about being bitter, I keep having to bite my lip to not laugh til I cry. When do folks understand its about making absolutely sure, or at least as sure as a gal can get, that any members of the male persuasion comprehend that if they have the idea I will change my mind, they are dead wrong. I really think some guys see it as a challenge. some are really offensive when they find out they are not going to score. A show of hands ladies. How many guys do we know who swears he is cool with platonic all the way up until he decides to make his move?

In the past 2 years I have had several "proposals" of "marriage" for no other reason then I have a boat. The pathetic part is the 3 that stick in my mind were all extremely serious.

Seriously #1 was a friend of a neighbor who came over to look at her. The neighbor asked if his friend could come look too. OK, What the heck no problem, right? Turns out the friend was drunk as a skunk, and after about 2 or 3 minutes of me LITERALLY saying "no I'm NOT marrying you", I finally had to ask the neighbor to explain to him I was NOT interested. I'm not talking about boy friends, or even men I have known for a while. The other 2 of the 3 were guys who I have spoken to maybe 2 or 3 times.
One guy was a complete jerk I'd see at a local diner I go to. We all know the type; rude, redneck, arrogant player w/ exactly 1 thing on his mind, thinks he is the Almighty's gift to women, who's idea of a hot date is golden corral and your place. He finds out I have this v22. Then all of a sudden he turns into this Oklahoma version of a wanna be pseudo suave, sophisticated, prince charming all the way up to the day I got him to comprehend I was NOT interested. As in 5200 is NOT going to attach you to me.
The "rant" as it has been refereed to, was to that purpose and that purpose alone. Oh well it is a moot point at this moment in time.

Spent the day looking at what is in her and making tentative plans on how I am going to rearrange stuff inside. Setting PFD's for airing and looking at what has to be going and what I'm clearing out for final culling in house and yard. I'm going to focus on getting her set up. Seriously thinking about just live on her for a bit while she is in drive way so I get to do a bit of a shake down for getting things arranged. Got a couple of mildly nasty surprises when I was out there. Nothing major just aggravating small stuff like finding out water got into the PFD locker. so is one day at a time.