Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2012, 08:04   #1

Liveaboard Marinas in Tampa Florida

I know there's already a similar thread going about liveaboards in Tampa, but I was just hoping for some more personal to me kind of information.
I'm a college student, 20 years old, and will hopefully be transfering from Texas to the University of South Florida, in Tampa. I was hoping for some feed back on good liveaboard marinas as near to campus as possible. Being a college student, I'm hoping there are plenty with accommodations such as internet, etc..
Any information anyone has is greatly appreciated! I look forward to any feed back!
ChaseRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:16   #2

Re: Liveaboard Marinas in Tampa Florida

I hate to disappoint you, but unless money is practically no object, I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for. The very few marinas where you can liveaboard in downtown Tampa are extremely expensive. There are plenty of marinas further out, but then you are going to have a killer commute. As a college student, do you really want to spend 3-4 hours every day driving back and forth to school?

I would strongly suggest that you start out in a condo or apartment near campus, or even campus housing, if that is available to you. Then you can learn what the traffic is like around this area, research marinas, and find out if there is anything that would suit your needs.

Having said that, I will add that every marina that I'm aware of in this area, that allows liveaboards, has internet and showers at least, and most also have laundry facilities.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, liveaboard, marinas