Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2020, 20:24   #16

Boat: EDELCAT33
Re: Lieveaboard marinas near Tampa/St. Pete or possibly Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded reckoner View Post
For Miami area, you could try Crandon Park Marina or Coconut Grove Sailing Club. Crandon Park has both slips and mooring balls, but I think CGSC only has the latter. Availability depends on timing. It gets crowded with boats staging to go to the Bahamas early in the year and also in the summer for hurricane season.

No liveaboards on Crandom Marina for long contract plus waiting time is 3 to 5 years unless you buy the boat who already has a contract.
If you do not mind being in the mooring and exposed, then you can actually live aboard at Dinner Key Marina. They have a taxi boat also
carlosproa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2020, 05:17   #17

Boat: '76 Allied Seawind II, 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDemilich View Post

Regatta Pointe said they will let me rent me out a '30 slip, but they require full hull insurance and $500k liability, and I'm waiting on an insurance survey so I'm not sure how much more that would end up costing than liability only for a boat from 1972.

They require hull insurance?!? I canít buy that....half of the boats in there look like broken dreams.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2020, 17:28   #18

As a sailor in Miami I can tell you itís expensive. Dinner key is friendly to live aboard but you can only get a mooring as the dock waitlist is years long. South Beach Marina would be able to get you in within a few weeks I bet and are friendly to live aboard but the prices are astronomical ($1,800-$2,000/mo for your boat if they insist on the minimum length charge they quoted me). You can try the Pelican Harbor Marina, short wait list for a ďtransientĒ slip that you can just stay at indefinitely (I know others who did this there). Technically they donít allow liveaboards but itís more of a dont ask dont tell policy. Transient slip would run you $600-$700/mo and is very well protected (even in a hurricane).

Miami Yacht club is nice but theyíre very hard to get a hold of as I could never get a call back from them about a slip; great restaurant though.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.
LoneStar88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marinas, miami