Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2022, 12:21   #1

Island Packet & transom access

I’ve looked at so many pics & posts, and I’m still trying to figure out, if once standing on a sugarscoop version, the helm chair folds down, or back, or is simply removed, so that you have a through-channel to board from the stern?

Everything (looks) like that’s the case, but a few pics make it look like the back of the helm chair is fastened solid in place.

*I’m lovin’ IP’s (obviously never been on one), and find (any) purchase for me, will start with easy on board/ water access.

TY in advance!
B
Papasail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 12:32   #2
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail
Re: Island Packet & transom access

some of the Packets have a sugar scoop transom but I don't think it is walk thru like a Catalina.
Old 17-08-2022, 13:28   #3

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida
Re: Island Packet & transom access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papasail View Post
I’ve looked at so many pics & posts, and I’m still trying to figure out, if once standing on a sugarscoop version, the helm chair folds down, or back, or is simply removed, so that you have a through-channel to board from the stern?

Everything (looks) like that’s the case, but a few pics make it look like the back of the helm chair is fastened solid in place.

*I’m lovin’ IP’s (obviously never been on one), and find (any) purchase for me, will start with easy on board/ water access.

TY in advance!
B
Depends on the model. Some do; some do not …
S/V Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
island packet