Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2020, 13:11   #16
Senior Cruiser

Boat: Bathtub
Re: Is the liveaboard life in a marina alive and well or near dead on life support in

Many marinas also are getting a little more strict about actual measured length of your boat with all the stuff you might have hanging off if it.

For instance, many 35' boats with a big anchor hanging off of the bow and a large davit or solar arch sticking out aft may need to go into a 40' slip and pay that full 40' monthly rate.

Trying to sneak by paying the lower rate just because your boat says 35 on the side may be the straw that broke the camel's back when trying to camp out long-term living aboard in a marina.
BlackHeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 16:45   #17
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Is the liveaboard life in a marina alive and well or near dead on life support in

The “by the foot” model is bull, once a boat is end a slip the slip is full.
Old 15-07-2020, 17:01   #18

Boat: Sea Runner 40' trimaran

On the west coast, my experience has been much like the scene of floating trailer parks. I wouldnt stay long in one area.
Max.Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 17:04   #19

Boat: A185F, Mystic 30’ Cutter

I’ve had no issues with it

But I’m also on a smaller and well kept boat.
NorthernMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 17:53   #20

Boat: Carver,Cobia,Nacra, Columbia

Liveaboards are becoming an endangered species. Local politicians and waterfront property owners need a scapegoat for water pollution, so they are quick to blame people who live on their vessels, even though in most communities every street for miles around drain into the waterway. Worse yet, when a land based development sewer line breaks, hundreds of thousands of gallons a minute get spilled. But they cant spank themselves, so they target a villain and make rules against liveaboards in the name of "doing something". And you can always count on more government next year! Laws and enforcers are a growth industry.
flyingfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 10:17   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
The “by the foot” model is bull, once a boat is end a slip the slip is full.
I pay by the size of the slip and it is up to me what size boat I feel like putting there
Coquina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard