Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2011, 15:38   #76

Boat: Landfall 39 built 1982
Hey berg if u and zee get along even do a few days sailing to get the wind in ya hair it would be a great trip if u could manage the lot but I understand that 1. Life can seem to get on the way 2. You have to understand how zee speaks ...... Lol

Keep search'n
Cheers Alex
felixqld66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 15:49   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
thank yo mike, and yes, sorry if i sound like i am fretting over the process.. it is frustrating and all that, but i actually enjoy it as it is the only thing i do right now... which in itself is a problem/ or evidence of my disfunction..
Best to go sailing, get out on the water and just be there and leave behind the boat buying for a bit. When purchase decisions are a problem it's best to back away and instead of doing nothing get out on the water anyway that can work reasonable. Sign up for a class if you have to. It shouldn't be hard to go through this process. Getting into the game will only help.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 12:00   #78
cruiser

Well, the clock is running out on me....

I am guessing I will be homeless by March 1. Kinda glad to know but kinda bummed...I was starting to think it might be a few more months, but oh well...

i guess i better contact somebody to pick up the last of my furniture...st vincent de paul?? kinda bummed cause i have a couple nice things left... probably worth $300-500 total for a couple pieces, but dont know where to market them, so good will make out...

Im still waiting on my drivers license... stupid California is two months behind... I cant fly if i wanted to.. hope i dont get too much problems from hotels along hte way, or cops in other states... better check my taillights...

Im going to miss cooking the most... oh well.. nothing like mcdonalds...

damn, i am getting bummed, time to end the rant!
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 12:06   #79
cruiser

and, guess what... the CAL2-29 just got sold... hehehehe

so, that is now off the market... arrrghhhh...

timing... timing, timing... and maybe now you are starting to see my 'luck' becoming evident.
Old 15-01-2011, 12:20   #80

Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor
Hang in there Berg. List your stuff on Craig's List. PM ZEE and get thee to San Diego. You can see it as a bummer or you can see it as the Universe giving you a push to start your adventure...
Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 12:28   #81
cruiser

thanks, but, there is no way i can go with ZEE.. I have spoke with her and she understands... I know my personality, and after speaking with her, I kinda think I know hers, and between those minor issues, and my major issues, and concerns of being on a boat with someone i dont know, along with a boat that needs things, and her financial situation and mine, and being 'trapped', along with my cat, and her cat, it just isnt a good thing for me...

There are so many positive things to be gained and learned, my concerns about being trapped with someone i barely know outweighs those..

I hope to find somoene local, to learn from so i am not trapped for weeks or months at a time...

I am not surprised at my living arrangements and the timeing, just kinda never prepared, even though i know what to expect...

I still dread movign away and not saying goodbye to my daughter, but if she wanted to know what is going on with me she would stay in touch... she also knows my living arrangements were ending at anytime too... so it is her choice tonot want to know...

(maybe that will be a lil clue as to why I am fearful to be stuck with someone, when i iknow that my own daughter dont want to be near me...
Old 15-01-2011, 22:13   #82

Boat: Hunter 426
When I hear you use the word `trapped` it speaks volumes of what is in your head. We have the power to focus on our misgivings or focus on a dream. I read your words of dreams of being on a boat earlier but now that it`s getting close for you, you talk of being TRAPPED on a boat. I remember an analogy someone told me when I was going through a divorce 20 years ago. It was about being in a small boat heading for shore for safety. But as it got closer to shore the waves got rougher and the person on the boat got more scared even though he was so close to the beach. I have the same dream as you and many others do but I sit here trying to sell a house of 25 years and feel so stuck. So will I look at my freedom with fear when it comes? You bet I will. But I am TRAPPED now and don`t want to look at my life ever again as being trapped.
So good luck with your future decisions,and with kind regards,Chris.
tandem tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 22:26   #83
cruiser

i can understand your take on that but i dont think you understood some of what i said earleir, or maybe it was in another thread, but, I look forward to being by myself... being with others, whether on a boat, or in a hotel, on a cruise, whatever, for any length of time would make me feel trapped...

I look to being 'stuck' on a boat in the middle of nowhere as FREE...
Old 15-01-2011, 23:57   #84

Boat: looking
I understand where "Bergovoy" is coming from. Aside from wanting one's own private space, there is a world of difference between being/living on your own boat and being a guest on someone else's. I believe that "Zee Hag" made a very generous offer to share her vessel, but I "get" that the OP would like his own deck to stand on. Even when my wife & I lived aboard our boat I found that I couldn't just head out sailing without checking with her as to her schedule. Ultimately, we solved the situation by moving ashore. Heck, there are a ton of boats out there that will serve your purposes, "Bergovoy", once you get to the area where you want to live. I always make the mistake, when viewing boats on Yachtworld, of not clicking on the icon for the brokerage that is selling a boat I like. Whenever I do remember to do so, I usually find that they have at least one other boat that piques my interest.
Mike
bangkaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 06:08   #85

Boat: Hunter 426
Yes bangkaboat I do very well understand the point that you make. The water,solitude,and independence do make for some great healing and growth.
tandem tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 14:27   #86

Boat: Landfall 39 built 1982
Hey Berg at least you have considered the offer well and know your limitations when the time is right for your journey to to take the next step it will because as I say " at least you've started"

fairwinds Alex
felixqld66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 14:51   #87

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
i am open to anything... and any help...

thanks

btw: found another one..

36'MORGAN OUTISLAND
"No leaks" does not make it a "sound hull". I'd wonder about the "new interior" and new standing rigging, and "your electronics". The new interior and no electronics together makes me wonder if it sunk, and if it got new wire for the standing rigging I'd say that's maintenance but if it has a new spar I'd suspect it was storm-damaged and perhaps it all happened at once?

Not saying it did -- just raising the questions.... A survey would be mandatory for anything you buy, but you might save yourself the expense if you ask the questions, and make sure the answers are put in as seller representations in the contract.
SailFastTri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 14:54   #88
cruiser

yes, that is correct... but, i am not sure about my ability to communicate with you guys and or anyone and get advice or confirmation while i am going to be on the road.. and still not sure what or how i am going to do this... should i make a bee line to the gulf coast? or straight to florida...

my 'connection' with florida is because i actually lived in Tampa Bay, / Clearwater about 25 years ago for two years...... and thats about it...

I kinda think the waters there are going to be a bit calmer/easier to learn on .... but that is still an assumption that i havent asked about yet... I also kinda believe that because there are a lot of boats in that area, along with current economy issues, that it maybe the best place to get the most bang for the buck...

along with my deep deep love of warm ocean life and coral, this is pretty much the ideal place for me to spend the rest of time...

I have found some cheap boats here in So Cal, but transportation would be deadly... although i kinda thought I migh tbe able to tow it across country myself, but that scares the living crap out of me. although my truck has a brand nuew motor, less then a thousand miles... it is still a wanna be 'truck', (chevy s-10 blazer)
Old 16-01-2011, 16:23   #89
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
should i make a bee line to the gulf coast? or straight to florida...
Where exactly are you considering on the Gulf Coast? It is a straight shot to Texas on I-10. Plenty of boats here. Then, more I-10 to Florida if you decide you want to go there. It's probably way cheaper in Texas for most things (cost of living). Probably cheaper prices for boats in Florida though.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 18:22   #90
cruiser

i have no plans... i have looked intexas a little bit, but the water is much nicer in florida/carribeean waters...

i am seeing rent in the $500-750 range and some of them have docks...