Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2015, 12:21   #1

Boat: Ker 33 IRC
i did again :)

i've lived on sailing boats of varying different lengths depending on the state of my finances on and off for about 20years i've had Hunters most - i started with a Europa 19 then i had a Sonata (dinghy for grown ups) then a duette then 2 more Sonata's then i rode bow on a Sigma 33OOD and loved it so moved and just ran bow on that until i got my Ker 9.8 and now am awaiting the arrival of my Ker 33

i own a Ker 9.8 racing yacht - basically she's a stripped out sled with a bit of a hammock in her and the rest is just pure storage - dedicated shelving for sails / fenders warps etc..... galley is a single burner camping cooker on the floor and the toilet is a portable one and a shower well that's what the sea is there for

so back in july i put pen to paper on a contract for the latest edition of the baby Ker raceboat - she's a Ker 33 IRC asymmetric version and i got a test ride in the one that's currently sat in the UK as a demo boat and

OH WOW what a machine she is so easy to handle -even single handed she's a dream is she worth £191 and a bit k ? most definitely -- i love my floating houses to be fast / exciting and cos there's only me and my dog there doesn't need to be all sorts of stuff down below

Chilli -- my current house and the yacht that i've agreed a price in part ex for it is nothing short of sparse inside --- there really isn't anything in it - in fact if she got broken into whoever broke in would be delightfully disappointed Chilli -- is going cos she's just carrying too much draft - she's nearer 10ft down there and Roobee Toozdy is nearer 7ft down there which makes hell of a differnce to getting into and out of marinas especially on the north wales and north west coast of england

so come january i'll be moving into my new house complete with it's full cruising interior that'll prolly end up get stripped out in favour of sail shelves and more storage plus it'll be easier to keep clean and tidy etc.....

best bit about owning and living on a racing boat is the deck that open stern means that my doggy who loves swimming can just dive out the back and is really easy to recover too plus cos its open transom all water just goes out the back - if it rains then the water just drains away all on it's own it'd be no good if i had small kids but cos it's just me n dog it's spot on and just well -- works

am gunna do the whole western isles of scotland next year i think - i was looking at it this year but it became a draft issue for most of the places when i was looking at low tide tide markers and finding that i'd be needing to rely on my RIB more and more.

2016 - the year i actually take off and do things
ruby tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote