Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 09:31   #1

Boat: Cal 44
Send a message via ICQ to barboak
Hurricane storage in Luperon

We have reservations for Puerto del rey marina in Fajardo for hurricane season storage on land and are presently in Providenciales. My problem is my Jackline insurance supplemental tropical storm coverage is not available for Fajardo area right now though we are on a waiting list. I have recently talked to a boat headed for Marina Tropical in Luperon for land storage this summer and are considering this if we could get the insurance coverage for there. The marina in Fajardo seems very professional and I like their concrete pad tie down system but not yet having insurance coverage is scary. Does anyone have any information on the yard in Luperon which for location seems more protected in a storm. Thanks
barboak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:12   #2

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Re: Hurricane storage in Luperon

dont have any info about the new marina, but the location of Luperon in the map made the place very well located in the hurricane belt.

If a storm aproach from the south or from the east impacting in the land mass , most likely Luperon get lots of rain and gusty winds, hig mountains and the extense terrain of Dominican Republic tend to desintegrate storms, in the other side if the storm follow a path close to the north coast towards bahamas , Usa, Luperon is in the good side of the storm.

Locals call Luperon (Bay of good fortune) , lots of mangroves, hig mountains, lots of mosquitos, and the friendly people of Luperon, to me is a nice place for hurricane season.
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 13:13   #3

Re: Hurricane storage in Luperon

There have been some twenty boats broken into here, since before Christmas. Even in the marina. You don't want to leave a boat here unattended.
Bry
bcripps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane, storage