Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2012, 15:55   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: FL
Boat: Pacific Seacraft 31 - Cielo Azul
Posts: 360
Images: 3
Re: how to get instate tuition for live aboard teenagers

Originally Posted by s/vPainkiller View Post
My experience (SC and NC) is that they want more than just a voters registration card to establish residency for tuition purposes. You have to own property or have a signed lease, plus stuff like utility, cable bills, etc to verify that you actually live there or can establish that you have a residence there. This is more stringent than just establishing "residency" for voting and tax purposes. Which means I think using mail forwarding addresses like St. Brendans Isle won't cut it for getting instate tuition unfortunately.

You need to get a drivers license, register to vote, file taxes using mailing address in the state you want to set up residence. May also need a marina contract in place of "utility bills, etc" showing you have a physical residence (the marina). IIRC this is what I need to prove to FL to get drivers license.
You also can file a Declaration of Domicile form although my research showed this wasn't necessary for FL.
teejayevans is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Advertise Here

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.