Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 05:30   #76
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Hunter 36-80-82 Wanderer
Re: How Did You Start as a Liveaboard?

Hi Deck Officer,I worked for Maersk,out of Copenhagen on their Supply Vessels.The blue ones.Worked in Eastern Canada,Gulf of Mexico,Egypt,Libya,Spain,Isreal,Singapore,Vietnam, Korea,Russia,Nigeria,Japan,Norway,England,Scotland ,Germany,France,Indonesia and a whack of other spots to numerous to mention them all.Any spots in common?
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:01   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
I didn't go to CMA till my mid 40's Mike.
Damn, nice that you had that opportunity. At age forty five I was just glad to stop working for awhile especially since I was on a midnight shift for 19 years. I did get my merchant mariner credential and TWIC card. I put an application for work with the U.S. Sealift Command but, I think they were just looking for younger guys who wanted full time career positions. I was more interested in temporary work and would have been happy with a couple of months here and there on the water. Also had plans to start a charter business but, my freelance tech work never fully dried up like I thought it would. Though it does require going into buildings with artificial lighting several weeks a year. But, I've been able to pay the bills and still spend most of my time on board the boat without any schedule or places to be. So I really can't complain with how things have turned out.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:26   #78

Boat: too many

wanderer1, paths could have crossed in a number of those places. The 3 that I spent most of my time was the North Sea off of Scotland (did my survival training in Aberdeen), Gulf of Mexico, and Brazil, helicoptered out from Macae.

Capt Mike, what's important is your out there now, and with electric propulsion no less. I've got some catching up to do.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 19:09   #79

Boat: Atkins Thistle 32 ft
My husband and I lived aboard a 32 FT Colin Archer woodie for 10 years. We just purchased our last boat, a 44 FT Spindrift. we feel like it is a palace compared to the woodie. We have owned a house that we have not lived in for the past 10 years. We are selling the house and investing in the boat.
IolantheSF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard