Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2020, 19:14   #1

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Help Shipping adress for moving boxes/Lithium batteries to Las Palmas/Canaries

Hi all,

bought a boat that is berthed in the Las Palmas marina and moving aboard.
Unfortunately the Las Palmas Habour guys don't accept any shipping goods which sucks big time. Taking with me what is possible via plane but I would need a shipping adress in Gran Canaria or Tenerifa (can sail there and pick it up)

Need to ship some moving boxes (which contains also a lot stuff they don't accept on plane like the Lithium bats for my power tools, some electrics....) and my supplier of the Lithium batteries packs (Tesla modules) needs also an adress to ship to.

Who can help?
Is there a different marina in Gran Canaria or Tenerifa who accepts shipping goods to them?
Or anyone a private adress I could use and pick up locally. Will cover all costs.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 12:00   #2

Boat: Shuttleworth Advantage
Re: Help Shipping adress for moving boxes/Lithium batteries to Las Palmas/Canaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
Hi all,

bought a boat that is berthed in the Las Palmas marina and moving aboard.
Unfortunately the Las Palmas Habour guys don't accept any shipping goods which sucks big time. Taking with me what is possible via plane but I would need a shipping adress in Gran Canaria or Tenerifa (can sail there and pick it up)

Need to ship some moving boxes (which contains also a lot stuff they don't accept on plane like the Lithium bats for my power tools, some electrics....) and my supplier of the Lithium batteries packs (Tesla modules) needs also an adress to ship to.

Who can help?
Is there a different marina in Gran Canaria or Tenerifa who accepts shipping goods to them?
Or anyone a private adress I could use and pick up locally. Will cover all costs.

Get it shipped to C/O the courier for collection. It will need clearance anyway which is done at the courier's office. Alternatively if there is a lot of stuff employ a local shipping agent.
Tupaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 12:25   #3

Re: Help Shipping adress for moving boxes/Lithium batteries to Las Palmas/Canaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupaia View Post
Get it shipped to C/O the courier for collection. It will need clearance anyway which is done at the courier's office. Alternatively if there is a lot of stuff employ a local shipping agent.
Yup

Always best to use a agent , they know the best shipping routes , companies and paper handling
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2020, 05:10   #4

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Does anyone know a good agent? Cannot find anything beside one hilariously expensive agent...

It is actually ridicolous that there is no widely published and avaliable solution to ship a simple 19kg box and my solar panels

its not a remote habour....It is Las Palmas Muelle Deportivo/Gran Canaria the port the ARC is leaving every year and lots of boats prepare for atlantic crossing which means a lot of gear from around the world needs to be shipped to this habour frequently.
Cannot be the only boater who has this problem.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aries, batteries, Canaries, las palmas, shipping