Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 15:09   #16

Location: Placida FL on the hard for now real nice place cheep rent .
Boat: 78 Laguna ,Windrose 24'
Re: Help! Recommendations for affordable liveaboard diy yard / marina in Florida?

I've found J & R marine service's west coast Placida 6 bucks ft DIY , some things you have to be put in certain area plastic etc . $100.oo live aboard $25 electic ,clean safe ,fenced in locked gate ,no time limit , newly remodeled , 2.5 full lav showers new washer /dryer . 55-60in big screen TV in air . I haven't really counted but maybe 75 sail / 10 motor boats 10 -20 liveaboard all honest caring helpful ,no drunks ,no drugies . The best place i could have found to live .Sure the last two months have been very hot and i hate the no-see-um's but a mixture of tee tree oil , origial listerine & witchasale i have no bugs anymore ! All i can say is GOD has looked out for me all my life and once again he made sure me and all my thing's are safe . I have no afilleation with this place i just got here in july . Good luck and GOD bless to all .Oh yea pretty good WIFI . 3 Chanels to chuse from . Do'in real good on the hard.
sailersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 17:01   #17

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Re: Help! Recommendations for affordable liveaboard diy yard / marina in Florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Riverside kinda a dump. Cracker Boy Boat Works on Taylor Creek. A much better bet. Russ
They told us no DIY at cracker boy. Ended up doing it in KW

Sent from my STUDIO 5.5 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:36   #18

http://charlotteharborboatstorage.com/
gulf Coast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
SeaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 19:55   #19

Location: In boat fixing' season I'm in a Maryland boat yard too close to Washington, DC ... except when I escape to home on the beach in Florida!
Boat: Prout Snowgoose 34

Whystay,

I visited Riverside today. They are filled with boats seeking refuge from the hurricane and the marina sustained some damage to docks. On-the-hard is well populated.

Owner suggested you call and get latest status before solidifying your plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
svtrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:30   #20

Boat: Lavranos Tosca 36

Thank you all for your time & thoughts! After waiting out Matthew & following up on your suggestions, we narrowed our considerations down to Riverside in Ft Pierce & Charlotte Harbor/J & R Marine Services in Port Charlotte. We decided on J&R as it was every so slightly less expensive & our families have places in St Pete's & Marco Island. We were actually all set to ship her down to J&R this coming Monday, but there was a bit of a miscommunication with the shipping company with the timeline/quote & it's no longer plausible with our budget.. so a new set of searches begins.
whystay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:47   #21

stay away from cape marina
westland marina in tville would be a good one..
jim321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:18   #22

Boat: Tartan 34c

Marathon Marina and Boatyard, (305) 743-6575. Haul-out, live-aboard dry, ample store and rental of anything you need. West Marine a few blocks away. Been there, done that. Will be there again, it's been 15 years since last.
jimjamonsela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:33   #23

Boat: PEARSON 422

Are there fixed bridges to pass under on the way in to Indiantown Marina??
Old 06-11-2016, 11:01   #24

Boat: PEARSON 422

Apologies...I answered my own question by looking at their website. 56' at the lowest fixed bridge. Height of my mast...55'. I'm good as long as it is a low tide. I would probably use some moveable ballast to heel the boat over a few degrees to give me some wiggle room. Great thread. Thank you!

Tags
florida, liveaboard, men