Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2017, 23:28   #1

Gold Coast Family to set sail looking for some useful tips!

Hi all, my hubby and I along with our 2 kids aged 3 and 6 are looking for our first sailing cat to live aboard. We have never done this before and we are super excited. For months we have been looking at different cats to see what size and layout suits us best. We've also been reading huge amounts of blogs and forum posts to try and best understand how our lives will be! I hope this isnt too much to ask but we would love to know if there are any other families living close by that would be open to a meetup? It would be great to be able to hear about peoples experiences first hand!

Thanks
Kirsty
beachbumkirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 23:59   #2

Boat: John Pugh / Currawong 48/OAL
Re: Gold Coast Family to set sail looking for some useful tips!

HI Kirsty welcome always nice to have some more Ozzies on board. It always hard to take that big step but you and you alone can do that make sure you pick the boat your in love with not the one everybody said suits you!!!!! Its important that you do you due diligence yes research, research like mad but eventually it comes back to you

Enjoy the fun of looking and you will meet lots of people once you are out there, great info on here for just about everything you will need to know.

I am a long way from you but I am sure we will meet up here on the reef one day Goodluck
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:46   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya
Re: Gold Coast Family to set sail looking for some useful tips!

I thought for a moment that you may be in the area where I spent my childhood. Fort Lauderdale is within Florida's "Gold Coast". 'a geography lesson for me! There's a "Gold Coast" on every continent except Antarctica.

Welcome to the community. Keep us posted of your adventures!

Tags
family, sail