Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59   #16

Boat: Maple Leaf 42 - WINDFALL
Warmer cabin

We also used the clear window shrink wrap (Lowes, Home Depot) that we placed around the inside windows and hatches...raised our comfort level, warmth, and REDUCED condensation A LOT! Works great and we'll take it off come warmer weather.
Old 04-01-2009, 21:02   #17

There's a guy named gilliganstump over on another forum who just put his frolisystem up for sale. You can reach him through his blog at STUMP! LIVES if you are interested in buying.

camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 03:56   #18
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
So when we purchased our little hole in the water last summer it came with the ORIGINAL 1967 foam cushions covered in Naugahyde. How special is that??

With all the other stuff needing immediate attention we just put the vberth mattress on the back burner. Three mattress pads were a tiny improvement and we carried on with the more critical work. By Christmas the cold and damp was killing us and the discomfort was leaving Himself cranky and testy in the morning.

Overstock.com had Serta foam mattresses, 3" firm foam topped by 1" memory foam on sale, kingsized for $99, shipping included. That was the first step towards recovering functioning backs.

Then I spotted a craigslist post about Froli for sale and scored two banker boxes of the stuff for a coupla hundred.

Spent a morning on the boat with an electric carving knife and voile! the old cushions were out by the dumpster by noon, the froli was installed, with the new foam mattress on top with sheets and duvet and ONE mattress pad and ready for bedtime.

Hello? can I just say I have NO IDEA why we waited 6 months to fix this. Oh god. it's heavenly. More comfortable than the mattress at home,and as good as any mattress we have ever slept on. No lie. for $300 bucks we have a primo sleeping and er frolicking surface. I added it to the quarter berth as well with the extra parts and left over foam.

It was going to have cost close to 700 bucks to order a new mattress from foamorder. This is a way better solution. Ventilation under helps with condensation and the thinner mattress leaves more head room.

Sturdy for clambering around on, peels back with the mattress pretty flexibly to access the lockers below. Easy to install. Hardest part was rolling up the mattress and stuffing it thru the cabin to get it in the berth.

I hear angels sing when I lay down.

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 04:06   #19

Boat: Jeanneau 57
I like the Froli I installed and am going to upgrade all the other berths on my next trip. See Froli mattress springs for some pictures.