Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2015, 06:21   #106
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Forum trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i was in london in 1971..the weather was awesome that year....
Which week?

I dont like living in England because of the weather. In saying that, there is no finer place to be when the sun shines. It is truly beautiful in the countryside.

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 06:32   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
So shallow to base everything on looks..........
Most of the time I am a good guy and like most people I meet however every now and the I morf into my "shallow Al" persona, at times I can't seem to control it. As an example I tend to like to look at beautiful women.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 07:02   #108
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

weavis--i was there in a summer month and half..was gorgeous all the time--they called it a drought....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 07:14   #109
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Funny no one mentions Victoria. Now there is nice weather! Temperate, lower rainfall and flowers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	victoria.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	95951  
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 07:18   #110
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
Most of the time I am a good guy and like most people I meet however every now and the I morf into my "shallow Al" persona, at times I can't seem to control it. As an example I tend to like to look at beautiful women.
Sigh....... Now Im going to get a paper bag for when I go out........

Old 23-01-2015, 07:18   #111
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Funny no one mentions Victoria. Now there is nice weather! Temperate, lower rainfall and flowers!
Looks Like London.
Old 23-01-2015, 07:19   #112
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
weavis--i was there in a summer month and half..was gorgeous all the time--they called it a drought....
Oh yes. England leaks water like crazy to keep up with the downpours......

Old 23-01-2015, 08:01   #113

Speaking of droughts...

but that's what we get, lots of sunshine, winters in the 70s. Today's forecast 77* and breezy. We measure rainfall in the thouandths of an inch. Here you can ride your motorcycle, surf or sail year round. Great place to drive a convertible, it rarely rains.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 15:45   #114
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Now there's a place...California. Get sunburn by the elements and robbed by the state at the same time!
But the water is nice.
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 16:18   #115

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

I like Sweden, a lot. I learned enough to converse with 11 year olds about children's books, I discovered, walking down the street one day, why the people were so responsible: a little girl walking with her mother, stopped to pick up a scrap of paper. Looking up to her mom, she asked. "What is this?". Her mother smiled, explained it to her, then directed the little girl over to one of the trash baskets hanging on a lamp post. The little girl skipped over to it and deposited, with great care, the trash. Mom smiled and they went on their way. A great lesson, taught early, lasts a lifetime. A Swedish government worker, hosting an ecological group, had everyone raise their glass of water and toast, then pointed out the water had been scooped out of the harbor, just outside the window. They walk the talk about responsibility. And while the sun shines, they like to peel off their clothes and savor the moment. I really liked parts of that experience. And, do they know how to party! Who else would serve surströmming, a herring dish that is fermented in the can with yogurt, that when it's opened reminds one of a sewer explosion. It just needs a bit of akvavit to enjoy........
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 20:40   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
I like Sweden, a lot. I learned enough to converse with 11 year olds about children's books, I discovered, walking down the street one day, why the people were so responsible: a little girl walking with her mother, stopped to pick up a scrap of paper. Looking up to her mom, she asked. "What is this?". Her mother smiled, explained it to her, then directed the little girl over to one of the trash baskets hanging on a lamp post. The little girl skipped over to it and deposited, with great care, the trash. Mom smiled and they went on their way. A great lesson, taught early, lasts a lifetime. A Swedish government worker, hosting an ecological group, had everyone raise their glass of water and toast, then pointed out the water had been scooped out of the harbor, just outside the window. They walk the talk about responsibility. And while the sun shines, they like to peel off their clothes and savor the moment. I really liked parts of that experience. And, do they know how to party! Who else would serve surströmming, a herring dish that is fermented in the can with yogurt, that when it's opened reminds one of a sewer explosion. It just needs a bit of akvavit to enjoy........
It was all sounding great up until the fermented herring dish...
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 21:12   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
SHHHH. Not so loud. It is a secret.
jackdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 01:06   #118

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Sorry - It needs a LOT of akvavit to enjoy. It helps if you are swedish or don't have any taste buds left.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 01:57   #119

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
I love Sweden, too -- one of my favorite countries. Also happens to be one of the best places to cruise I have ever been, anywhere in the world.

However, since holding tank use is only being gradually introduced and gently enforced, I would certainly not be drinking any water out of any harbors . . .
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 02:14   #120

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I love Sweden, too -- one of my favorite countries. Also happens to be one of the best places to cruise I have ever been, anywhere in the world.

However, since holding tank use is only being gradually introduced and gently enforced, I would certainly not be drinking any water out of any harbors . . .
Dockhead- the new swedish laws take effect (April 1 I believe) this year. The word on the street and in Danish boat magazines is that enforcement will NOT be gentle. The government view apparently is that boaters have had over a year to prepare and fines will be issued quickly and be heavy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rum