Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2020, 09:04   #46

Boat: 35' sloop
Re: finding a life partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Haha, you are assuming Knots is the male in the photo aren't you! Also assuming whoever Knots is, they are looking for the opposite gender.

Knots, you could try here https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...oul+mates.html
Love the quote from T.E. Lawrence.
Find someone to go sailing is easy, till they find out you're not coming back!
Tonali99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 10:04   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonali99 View Post
Love the quote from T.E. Lawrence.
Find someone to go sailing is easy, till they find out you're not coming back!

I concluded that T.E. Lawrence was gay after reading his book: The 7 Pillars of Wisdom. I suspect finding a male partner is easier than finding a female partner. Being gay would probably make the quest for a suitable life sailing partner somewhat easier. Recent studies show that gay marriages tend to be happier and more stable.... I can kind of find that understandable, though I've never been able to get my head around the idea of sexual attraction for someone of the same gender.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 11:34   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I concluded that T.E. Lawrence was gay after reading his book: The 7 Pillars of Wisdom. I suspect finding a male partner is easier than finding a female partner. Being gay would probably make the quest for a suitable life sailing partner somewhat easier. Recent studies show that gay marriages tend to be happier and more stable.... I can kind of find that understandable, though I've never been able to get my head around the idea of sexual attraction for someone of the same gender.
I hadn't read him. Didn't know that about him. Didn't really care to either.
What I said still stands, and I wasn't gender specific either.
Old 22-03-2020, 11:57   #49
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

someone mentioned that it is easier to find a male mate than a female one in cruising.
i contradict that.
i am only able to find the slaggards who lie cheat and steal and destroy systems in boats despite their glorious descriptions . forget this issue..just do your life. when you are happy someone will or will not appear. go with the flow.
itis not the size of the vase it is what is contained within.
if you are not happy within yourself you will not be happy with someone else...
i am so happy soltera. life is too good to have a fail partner. btdt 2 times, one involuntarily dont ask.hahahahaha.
stalkers and their narcissism happen.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 12:09   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
someone mentioned that it is easier to find a male mate than a female one in cruising.
i contradict that.
i am only able to find the slaggards who lie cheat and steal and destroy systems in boats despite their glorious descriptions . forget this issue..just do your life. when you are happy someone will or will not appear. go with the flow.
itis not the size of the vase it is what is contained within.
if you are not happy within yourself you will not be happy with someone else...
i am so happy soltera. life is too good to have a fail partner. btdt 2 times, one involuntarily dont ask.hahahahaha.
stalkers and their narcissism happen.

I would say gender is not a factor beyond sex itself........ A decent human is decent .. an a-hole is an a-hole. There are good women, and good men out there, and the garbage cuts across the gender line. Those of us who are hetero, want a partner of the opposite gender for obvious reasons.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 12:12   #51
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I would say gender is not a factor beyond sex itself........ A decent human is decent .. an a-hole is an a-hole. There are good women, and good men out there, and the garbage cuts across the gender line. Those of us who are hetero, want a partner of the opposite gender for obvious reasons.
be extra diligent regarding choices on water. what is thought to be liken toyou aint. remember that.
and our brains manage to invent reasons to be with someone unsuitable or even toxic. remember toxic relationships??? hahah they do happen on water. just because we all sail doesnot mean the rest of life is same or similar.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 12:13   #52

Spot on girl. Often it comes from the loss of one after X amount of years.
I'l never get the same hunting dog again either. Can't replace either one.

p.s. I hope I don't have to explain that.
Old 22-03-2020, 13:18   #53

Boat: Hunter 285

I know how you feel. Lost my wife to cancer last year too. It's hard for sure. I really miss sailing with her. But if your kind, gentle, caring, and generous you can find love again. I've not done it yet but I've seen other sailors do it. The first year seems to be the hardest. Looking for a distraction from time to time but in my heart I'm also looking for a partner. But I know I must be careful. Don't want to choose to be with someone now then have the perfect one come along later. Don't want to wait forever then die alone either.
Sailor_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 16:01   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
Don't look. That's the only way to find someone. Go out, be social, look your best, but don't try.

Decide you don't really need a significant other. Live your life without wanting one. . Then it just happens.

So So true, I was travelling the world having a fat time in every situation before suddenly fining myself married, kids, and mortgage. after 20 years of wishing for it before resigning to the fact fkit im having too much fun.

Always makes me stop and think when I hear others muttering the same.
Rufus McDuff is offline   Reply With Quote