Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2020, 10:22   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50
ENO Oven issues.

Hi all,

I have an ENO 3 burner oven on my Ocenis, only recently purchased it so still working things out.
The 3 burners work great and respond when turning the gas up and down etc, I have even managed to get the battery ignitor working
My problem is the oven, it lights fine but dosent seem to get that hot I am not sure if there is something that could limit the gas flow . When it has been on for a while and I turn down the regulator from Max to 6 or 7 the flame does reduce, indicating to me that all appears well, so maybe there isn't an issue and I just have to give it more time to heat up? Its just that the flame isn't as strong as I would expect

any ideas?

Many Thanks
Ray. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:56   #2

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: ENO Oven issues.

Is it the top burner (the broiler) you're turning on, rather than the bottom (big one, for baking)?

I hope so, it'd be an easy fix.

Ann
Old 12-02-2020, 11:59   #3

Hi Ann,

the burner I am having problem with is the burner in the bottom of the oven. Now that you talk about the Broiler? I am not sure even how to light it? Is it just a grill burner?

Thanks

Ray.
Old 12-02-2020, 13:30   #4

Hi, Ray,

Yes, some people call it a grill.

I must confess, I have a Force 10, but I thought they bought out Eno, so I was jumping to perhaps wrong conclusions.

I used to have an Eno (very old one, made in France) and it was a very good stove. Don't know much about them now. But, for whatever it might be worth, it takes my oven about 20 minutes to come up to temperature for baking bread, so it doesn't get hot fast. If it's an old stove, sometimes the burners get clogged with rust, we used to have to take the one from our Eno out and tap it till all the rust went away.

Maybe someone will come along who can help you with this....it must be very frustrating.

Ann
Old 12-02-2020, 23:15   #5

Hi Ann,

thanks for your input and comments, I think it is just a case of getting used to it and treat it differently to an oven you would have at home. Sounds obvious but I will try to be more patient with it.
I have found an online pdf for it and there are some suggestions in the troubleshooting section, so I will take a look at the burner to see it there is anything restricting the jet for the oven, I will also try to grill (broiler) to see how it is working or not.
I have to get the gimbal lock fixed too, the tab that is spot welded to the bar has separated, just lots of bits and pieces to do on the boat I have recently purchased, but cant wait to head out in about 6 weeks for an early season start in the Med...

Thanks again

Ray.
Old 12-02-2020, 23:41   #6

Boat: Cruising Catamaran

Couple of things to check, the air gap at the burner jet, and jet is clean, also is it set for Butane or Propane, I think Spain uses butane so should be hotter. This stuff is in the manual.
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 00:17   #7

Hi Tin Tin,

Thanks for your comments, lots to do and learn

Ray,
Old 13-02-2020, 01:20   #8

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 40

On our new Eno the oven and grill is controlled from the same knob; turn one way for grill and the other way for the oven.

Ilenart
ilenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 12:23   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilenart View Post
On our new Eno the oven and grill is controlled from the same knob; turn one way for grill and the other way for the oven.

Ilenart

^^^^ This is how mine is, as well, turn anti-clockwise for baking, clockwise for the grill.

Ann
Old 31-07-2023, 14:11   #10

Boat: Jeanneau 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Hi, Ray,

Yes, some people call it a grill.

I must confess, I have a Force 10, but I thought they bought out Eno, so I was jumping to perhaps wrong conclusions.

I used to have an Eno (very old one, made in France) and it was a very good stove. Don't know much about them now. But, for whatever it might be worth, it takes my oven about 20 minutes to come up to temperature for baking bread, so it doesn't get hot fast. If it's an old stove, sometimes the burners get clogged with rust, we used to have to take the one from our Eno out and tap it till all the rust went away.

Maybe someone will come along who can help you with this....it must be very frustrating.

Ann
Do you remove the center brass jet and clean it out?

Our stove is 4 years old. One burner is fine but the other one sounds like it has pulsating air in it. Maybe I need to let it run to bleed the line?

Chris
cymeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oven