Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2021, 15:43   #421
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

dog food is just pate for upaddy dogs
Old 16-02-2021, 16:14   #422

I’m not sure what’s more alarming ...the actual cost of a health care plan or learning of its cost at retirement.
Old 16-02-2021, 16:18   #423

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Found them, thanks.

https://www.geosresponse.com/

We will likely have an Iridium Go and that is a supported product as well.
[emoji106]

Fortunately, I havent had to use this coverage yet, but in an emergency you could call the calvary with the InReach and argue about coverage later.
Old 16-02-2021, 16:39   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
This is not always true. There are certain places and cases where the CASH price for a proceudre is literally much less than the negotiated insurance price. The reason - the facilities and doctors know that the insurance companies are willing to pay up to X, so they charge X for those who are insured. Very good friend of mine went in for an CT scan and insurance quoted price was $980. He then asked... "what If I don't want to use my insurance... can I just pay cash?" Response was - sure, $387.

The informed will find out the price for both scenarios and then decide.
All good, unless the co pay was $200.
Old 16-02-2021, 16:47   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi22 View Post
no, u r wrong, very, very wrong. young people r very well aware of the fact that free is not free. young people are not greedy; they have empathy and care about the unfortunate ones. they are trying to leave a better future for their grandkids despite their own financial burdens.
Well then the majority of youngins will be happy to know that one of the Biden Administration SS proposals is to pay the surviving partner the benefits of the deceased in addition to their own. Kind of a buy one get two free.

Keep working, keep voting liberal progressive policies, we love all these great government give aways, that you're paying for. 😁
Old 16-02-2021, 16:51   #426

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
Drama much?

Lots of kids eat too much junk food and don't get a good balanced diet. Very few go to bed with empty stomachs.
Lexi is only overstating the problem a bit, that’s not drama.
Before COVID 1 in 6 children was food in secure, that is there risk of having inadequate nutrition.

Current estimates are 1 in 3.5-4.0 but numbers are hard to establish better because research is hampered by COVID.

https://www.nokidhungry.org/who-we-are/hunger-facts
Old 16-02-2021, 16:58   #427
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post
Lexi is only overstating the problem a bit, that’s not drama.
Before COVID 1 in 6 children was food in secure, that is there risk of having inadequate nutrition.
Current estimates are 1 in 3.5-4.0 but numbers are hard to establish better because research is hampered by COVID.
TY for this. I might make a few comments on the sensational side, but I'm not a troll whatsoever.
Old 16-02-2021, 17:01   #428
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
Well then the majority of youngins will be happy to know that one of the Biden Administration SS proposals is to pay the surviving partner the benefits of the deceased in addition to their own. Kind of a buy one get two free.

Keep working, keep voting liberal progressive policies, we love all these great government give aways, that you're paying for. [emoji16]

So you have have no problem with your investments being erased and nothing left to your surviving partner when you die?
Old 16-02-2021, 17:04   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
So you have have no problem with your investments being erased and nothing left to your surviving partner when you die?
I think it's great when two retirees who's partners have passed can shack up together and get 4 SS checks!

It's all good,. Lexi is paying 😁
Old 16-02-2021, 17:09   #430
smj

Quote:
I think it's great when two retirees who's partners have passed can shack up together and get 4 SS checks!

It's all good,. Lexi is paying [emoji16]

Yes, considering the 2 that have passed have been investing in SS the entire time they’ve been working. Should that investment suddenly be cut of or should the spouse be able to be benefit from that investment?
Once again, how about we delete all your investments once you pass?
Old 16-02-2021, 17:16   #431
cruiser

Quote:
It's all good,. Lexi is paying 😁
I hope you don't assume that I cannot retire today if I'd like to; I'm just stating a fact. If you don't believe in a fair system that carries the unfortunate few, then why don't you return your retirement checks or say no to medicare? I just would like the boomers generation to realize that the many young folks who are paying their retirement today will not be able to retire in the future. Just an unfair reality, that's all.
Old 16-02-2021, 17:29   #432

Quote:
Yes, considering the 2 that have passed have been investing in SS the entire time they’ve been working. Should that investment suddenly be cut of or should the spouse be able to be benefit from that investment?
Once again, how about we delete all your investments once you pass?
My wife's ss earnings are not my ss earnings. Why do you think I'm entitled to something I haven't earned?
Old 16-02-2021, 17:33   #433
smj

Quote:
My wife's ss earnings are not my ss earnings. Why do you think I'm entitled to something I haven't earned?

Exactly, so you agree that when you die all that you’ve invested in should be deleted and not left to your wife?
Old 16-02-2021, 17:44   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi22 View Post
I hope you don't assume that I cannot retire today if I'd like to; I'm just stating a fact. If you don't believe in a fair system that carries the unfortunate few, then why don't you return your retirement checks or say no to medicare? I just would like the boomers generation to realize that the many young folks who are paying their retirement today will not be able to retire in the future. Just an unfair reality, that's all.
Your pretty funny Lexi! Youngins/progressives vote for all the feel good stuff only to find there is a bill to be paid and they have to pay it. I'm sure Sailor Boy is enjoying free Obama Care that you get to pay for. Us, it doesn't matter, we've left the country so aren't hindered by Obama Care. We'll raise a rum punch to you tonight and wish you a long and healthy working career.

As an aside, the money we paid into SS would yield 5 times as much annually if we had been allowed to invest it into a nice mutual fund. Only the government can develop a retirement savings program that loses about 4% annually. Keep voting big government. It's great!!
Old 16-02-2021, 17:45   #435

Quote:
Exactly, so you agree that when you die all that you’ve invested in should be deleted and not left to your wife?
My wife has her own SS that she paid into and collects, should she also collect mine?
Closed Thread

Tags
boat, health, health care, men, retirement