Cruisers Forum
 


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2021, 18:47   #436
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,451
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
My wife has her own SS that she paid into and collects, should she also collect mine?


If you canít understand my logic then I seriously feel for you.
smj is online now  
Old 16-02-2021, 18:53   #437
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,519
Images: 4
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
If you canít understand my logic then I seriously feel for you.
I understand your logic very well. You want your SS benefits paid down to your wife, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It's all good, Lexi is going to pay.
Joli is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 18:54   #438
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,451
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
I understand your logic very well. You want your SS benefits paid down to your wife, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It's all good, Lexi is going to pay.


No, you obviously donít understand my logic.
smj is online now  
Old 16-02-2021, 18:58   #439
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,519
Images: 4
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
No, you obviously donít understand my logic.
I understand quite well. You want the SS contact rewritten to benefit you or yours.
Joli is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:01   #440
cruiser

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 206
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
We'll raise a rum punch to you tonight and wish you a long and healthy working career.
if u can still sail and drink, i think u should be working.
again, it's ur grand kids who's paying, so raise a rum punch to them - not me.
and how do you know whom I vote for? u r not good at guessing.
Lexi22 is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:02   #441
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,451
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
I understand quite well. You want the SS contact rewritten to benefit you or yours.


You understand nothing, and thank you for leaving the country.
smj is online now  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:09   #442
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Moss, Norway
Boat: 35' Jeanneau Espace 1000 DL
Posts: 349
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Oh man. How do any sane man suport your system?

As a Norwegian I get completely free healthcare... in USA. (and most of the world)
Paid by my less than 30% income tax, I have almost double the salary of an american in similar line of work, and 5 weeks paid vacation. How can anyone think I'm being ripped off?


.manitu
__________________
Is it possible that my sole purpose in life is to act as a warning to others?
manitu is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:11   #443
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,519
Images: 4
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
You understand nothing, and thank you for leaving the country.
I understand you want the Lexi's of the country to keep working to pay you more. Don't you feel icky taking other people's money?
Joli is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:17   #444
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,451
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
I understand you want the Lexi's of the country to keep working to pay you more. Don't you feel icky taking other people's money?

As I said, you really donít understand, and I still feel for you. Please, raise a rum and coke to yourself.
smj is online now  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:20   #445
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,519
Images: 4
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
As I said, you really donít understand, and I still feel for you. Please, raise a rum and coke to yourself.
I don't feel for you, you're happy to take from others. Maybe you can find someone to buy you a drink. Not me though.
Joli is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:22   #446
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,451
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
I don't feel for you, you're happy to take from others. Maybe you can find someone to buy you a drink. Not me though.

I still feel for you.
smj is online now  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:26   #447
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,519
Images: 4
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
I still feel for you.
That's sweet,. Your not reaching for my wallet are you?
Joli is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:29   #448
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,451
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
That's sweet,. Your not reaching for my wallet are you?

Hang onto your money son, itís all you have.
smj is online now  
Old 16-02-2021, 19:36   #449
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,519
Images: 4
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Hang onto your money son, itís all you have.
You're wrong again.

It's all you want, the Lexi's of the world should keep an eye on your type.
Joli is offline  
Old 16-02-2021, 21:03   #450
Registered User
 
fxykty's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Auckland
Boat: Outremer 55L
Posts: 2,113
Re: Early retirement and health care for boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi22 View Post
I hope you don't assume that I cannot retire today if I'd like to; I'm just stating a fact. If you don't believe in a fair system that carries the unfortunate few, then why don't you return your retirement checks or say no to medicare? I just would like the boomers generation to realize that the many young folks who are paying their retirement today will not be able to retire in the future. Just an unfair reality, that's all.

Once again I ask, how is ďwill not be able to retire in the futureĒ reality, or fact, or truth, as you keep claiming? Please explain. Please.
fxykty is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
boat, health, health care, men, retirement

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working Through Retirement - AKA Working Retirement CNC-Charters Boat Ownership & Making a Living 21 01-09-2012 19:58
How to Take Care of the Oceans Which Take Care of Us . . . SarasotaYacht Seamanship & Boat Handling 1 04-11-2011 10:31
Retirement in My Early 40s ? ZuiQuan Dollars & Cents 89 27-08-2010 04:31
US Health Care Bill and Cruising Stevens 47 Health, Safety & Related Gear 20 16-05-2010 06:11
Six Years to Early Retirement, then Live Aboard DocSailor Meets & Greets 39 11-11-2009 10:34

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:52.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.