Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2018, 19:56   #1

Boat: Chris White Atlantic 47
Custom Bed Linens (Sheets)

Hi,

We're looking for a good source for custom fitted sheets, 60x80x6 inches, hopefully of Lyocel. aka Tencel. Anyone knowledgeable on this subject?

Thanks,
/John
torrmundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 07:06   #2

Boat: 1988 Bayfield 36 (46 LOA)
Re: Custom Bed Linens (Sheets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrmundi View Post
Hi,

We're looking for a good source for custom fitted sheets, 60x80x6 inches, hopefully of Lyocel. aka Tencel. Anyone knowledgeable on this subject?

Thanks,
/John
Wish I could help; but, I'm wondering about bedding for our weird-sized berths, too.
ProteusRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 11:39   #3

Lots of sources:
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.EM_svWpBURg
Flyingriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 12:44   #4

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteusRising View Post
Wish I could help; but, I'm wondering about bedding for our weird-sized berths, too.
Consider that a flat sheet is, ultimately, only fabric. I used to fit the bottom sheet for the V berth, by taking it ashore, laying the cushions face down on it, and pinning the seams with sewing pins. Then, remove the cushions, take it all back to the boat, and stitch it up. Cut away the excess fabric. If you want, you can leave one corner looser, and put in elastic, about 2 ft. of it, to make the underside of the corner. That makes it easier to put on and take off. I have made flat felled seams, for this, which look nicer, and last the life of the sheets, but just zig-zagging the cut edge will work okay.

For fitting the top sheet, You just start about 12 inches before the corner, go across the bottom, and another 12 up the side, and gather it to fit. You can use Elastic, bungie, or "string", 2 or 3 mm polyester light line. Or, you can fit just the bottom of the top sheet.

Incidentally, if you do go for custom made sheets, order two bottom sheets: they wear out faster than top sheets.

Ann
Old 03-03-2018, 23:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteusRising View Post
I like CPA CATE's idea for the bottom sheet. I use a Cocoon cotton travel sheet when I'm sailing. I crew most of the time now and don't like sleeping on other's sheets so use the cocoon sheet. It's two sheets that are sewn together and look something like a sleeping bag. They are plenty roomy and much easier to take care of and you don't mess up the bottom sheet. It also keeps you toes covered and away from those pesky mosquitoes and other crawly things. In the morning I just roll it up and stick in it's bag that comes with it. You can google it and find on Amazon or other stores.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:39   #6

Boat: Chris White Atlantic 47

We ended up buying low-profile queen mattress fitted sheets from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AUJBIQ0 on Amazon. They are not Tencel, just cotton, but they fit our 5" mattress + 2" topper pretty well.

For our twin bunks, we went with the microfiber Cocoon-brand microfiber cocoon sheets:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T2VU4A
torrmundi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, sheets