Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2010, 06:30   #31
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
Well, you must not be too familiar with the way Maryland deals with scofflaws.

90 days is 90 days...I believe the time frame is less for autos.....

There are a lot of Pennsylvania and Delaware Boaters that evebtually get caught in the net.

I have seen the results....they aren't pretty.

ya pays your money and you takes your chances.
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 10:40   #32

Location: Along the Manatee River in Southwest Florida. Little town called Ellenton.
Boat: 32 Hatteras and 26 foot former Navy Lifeboat
Chief, you seem like a nice guy. I don't want to argue about a state's laws that is over a thousand miles away. Proving how long a cruising boat has been in Maryland waters is next to, if not completely, impossible. Just the concept of a cruising boat makes it impossible to know our coming and goings. Half the time we don't even know how much time we spend in any state's waters. 12 weeks or twenty weeks it doesn't matter. Cruisers move around. Here today and in Virginia tomorrow or on which side of the Potomac were we on last week? What are they going to do, follow you from one marina to an anchorage to a river stop at someone's private home and back to another anchorage for a week or two out of state? Just because you saw me somewhere 3 months ago and again today does not constitute being in the same state for 90, 60 or 30 days.

Anyhow, I'm going cruising. See y'All over the summer, Sometime.

Hey Chief, How far north of Bawlmer are ya? I lived in Rosedale and up in Edgewater for a short time. I need a real Maryland Steamed Crab fix. Just don't tast the same down here. Must be the water.

Don't mind me Chief, I got this thing about having authority pushing like they own you. If they ask nicely they may have a chance of my doing what they want. Push and demand and I get riled and very unreasonable towards authoritative type figures. Like I once told someone. If you ask me for something I'll just about give you the shirt off my back but if you try to take it away from me I'll break your arm and possibly worse. Just a bad thing I have left over from three tours in Viet-Nam. Sorry if I offended you. I meant no disrespect or insults.
White Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 17:13   #33
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
Whitefeather.....If you want to discover a pretty decent place.

Anchor Bay Marina in Bear Creek has a decent little restaurant/outdoor bar.
It is called "The Hard Yacht Cafe" it is open all year and the food and music is darn good. You can tie up or anchor out and dinghy in.

Let me know when you are in the neighborhood, my friend
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 18:05   #34

Location: Along the Manatee River in Southwest Florida. Little town called Ellenton.
Boat: 32 Hatteras and 26 foot former Navy Lifeboat
I know it well. I used to live right on Bear Creek. Built and sunk my very first boat there. Used to jump off the bridge at Wise Ave. You are talkin to an ooold Baltimoron. I had a boat repair business on Frog Mortar Creek at what is now Essex Yacht Harbor. It wasn't back then. It was an old yard run by Elsie Budress, another very interesting old timer. Over by Fort Howard is a little creek going back into several marinas. Love's Boat Yard was my favorite. It's right up the creek from Markley's or something like that. Captain Robert Love was an old and dear friend. He died several years ago. I knew a lot of the old timers back then. I preferred the old watermen as they always had such interesting tales of the Bay and life in the "Old Days" Now I'm getting to be one of the "Old Guys".

The Key Bridge Marina was another real cheap spot. I think it has been closed for some time now. I'm not sure. Several others keep changing hands so fast I can't keep up. Yeah, I knew a lot of them back in the day.

It will be a pleasure to meet you and have a brew over some steamed crabs. My friend Bill Shultz died years ago but the last time I was in Bmore the restaurant was still there and still called Shultz's Crab House. The Thunderbird was a favorite haunt too. See You then.
White Feather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baltimore