Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 06:53   #1

Boat: Whitby 42ft
Send a message via Yahoo to KayKay58
Another Step Closer

Well, here's the latest. The house is sold, and we went this weekend and purchased a 1983 Cal 9.2. She needs a little work, but nothing major. I am in the process of getting her shipped 300 miles to the lake here in Brownwood Texas, and will begin work on her in about 3 weeks. We are very excited, and I am a little nervous about the storage space on her. It's hard to part with some of my shoes...LOL. Any good tips about storing will be greatly appreciated! Also, are there any 30ft boat liveaboard people on hand with good advice?? I'm anxious to hear from you.
KayKay58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:15   #2

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42
We've installed a "shoe Bag" on the back side of the door for the forward head. Our forward head area was turned into a water closet where we've installed a watermaker and filter system so the door is opened little. The "shoe Bag" holds 10 pair of the wives shoes in little pockets. Its about 18 inches wide and 5 feet tall and has 20 pockets in it. picked it up at the container store..
The container store in San Rafel California was a ball to shop when we visited the San Francisco bay area.
while there we also picked up a "ELF" rack system and turned our quarter berth area into a walk-in pantry.
I've found that the secret to a happy life (in my openion) is to keep my wife happy, and the boat keeps running fine, but if she gets upset for some reason, the whole boat goes to crap. Her galley is her work-place and if she wants it, she gets it.
Some of you guys might think this is odd and not needed, but we live on the boat and I set here this-morning with a cup of gourmet coffee and a couple slices fresh baked sourdough bread with home-made jam.. from my wifes galley.
Randyonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote