Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2011, 16:48   #16

Boat: Juet 37 1979. Named Vyndi
I live in the northern coast of the Yucatan, in a town called Progreso. Is not touristic at all since Cancun is 300km away and the sea there is like a pool year round. Here is not as pretty, but of course much cheaper, good wins, decent marinas, and for retired people, wonderful homes on the ocean, that rent very cheap for the entire year except for summer. Many Americans and Canadians come here and is like living among locals, but with the option of going to the mall if you want. Look up on google Yucatan cruising guide, I have a few suggestions there.
Poncene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 16:57   #17
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Advice on Mexico

currently in eNsenada--altho not the ideal locale i mexico for a long term stay, is easy to eat cheap--i mean, 2 dollars per day for me..LOL..just the marinas here are too pricey and anchoring is disallowed-- willbe moving on SOON!!!!! the are is relatively safe--keep an eye on your belongings and all is well. maqny marinas here-- marina enseNDA, BOTES JUANITOS, BAJA NAVAL ARE GOOD, reasonably priced, also.. DONOT GO TO BANDIDOS UNLESS YE WANNA BE SUBJECT TO BANDIDOS..LOL PUN INTENDED... and coral-- coral and naval are high dollar-- also cruiseport-- if you want to pay more than 300 per week.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 14:06   #18

Re: Advice on Mexico

Can anyone tell me about Ecuador and Costa Rica? We're seriously considering retiring south, but we really want a special situation: a small home at a high enough altitude to be pleasant year round, but within easy driving distance of a secure marina. I want to be near my Cape Dory 36. Somewhere I read that boats that stay too long in Costa Rica have to be "bonded" but I don't know the signifigance of that. I don't know the rules for Ecuador either. Why is this information so hard to find? I've emailed marinas, yacht service facilities, and real estate agents. Not one has responded...
Troy Scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico