Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2023, 08:39   #1

Patagonia Anchorages - MyMaps & "Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego Nautical Guide"

Hi,

Does anyone know if the anchorages catalogued in the pilot book "Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego Nautical Guide" (by Rolfo and Ardrizzi) are available as a spreadsheet or any other digital format? I contacted the authors but have so far not received any reaction.

I'm working on a Google MyMaps to get a mental grip on Patagonia's incredibly fascinating maze of canals, fjords and islands. I'd like to visualise most of the Rolfo/Ardrizzi anchorages on this MyMaps. Google MyMaps allows the import of place markers in different formats (e.g. CSV as output by a spreadsheet program).

If this data is not publicly available somewhere, I'm prepared to do the job myself (i.e. go through all the anchorages in the book and manually add them to my MyMaps).. but would clearly prefer not to reinvent the wheel, if possible.
DeckScrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2023, 09:45   #2

Boat: Polaris 43
Re: Patagonia Anchorages - MyMaps & "Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego Nautical Guide"

Would love to see that visualized! Looks like it'll be manual entry
Polaris43J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2023, 13:08   #3

Re: Patagonia Anchorages - MyMaps & "Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego Nautical Guide"

I'm nearly done with all of the book anchorages. In addition I've added several hundred which I think are potential anchorages (based on analysing satellite photography). The authors of the nautical guide haven't responded to a number of my attempts to contact them, so I'm a bit stuck when it comes to making my MyMaps public. I'd love to get their permission to publish.
Old 22-03-2023, 13:19   #4

BTW, here's how the MyMaps looks zoomed out for all of Patagonia.. I think there are over 1500 POIs so far (view attachment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at Wednesday 22 March 2023.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	419.3 KB
ID:	273068  

Tags
anchor, anchorages, cal