Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2019, 16:15   #1

Want to co-own a Catamaran

My husband and I just purchased a 2020 Lagoon 50 that will arrive in the USVI/BVI in October 2019. We are looking for anyone interested in co-ownership of the boat. There is a several year backlog for new boats being built so if anyone is interested in co-ownership of the brand new and highly coveted Lagoon 50, please dm me.

Jennifer Devlin
JenDevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 07:06   #2

Re: Want to co-own a Catamaran

Hi Jennifer,
I'm Liat, we live in Atlanta,GA and starting to think about cruising and in a few years leaving aboard (2 kids in college and the little one is 12)
To begin with, we are looking for 2 weeks in winter or Spring, then 1-3 months next summer - end of May-End of July, around the keys and Bahamas, but later consider more than that. I'd be happy to hear more regarding your location, your plans of cruising and numbers...
Thanks,
The Philipson's
Philipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 07:11   #3

The boat will be in charter with Charter Caribe in U.S.V.I. We want to maximize charters so I'm not sure this would be a good fit for someone who wants to live aboard. DM if you want to discuss further.
Old 19-08-2019, 08:17   #4

that is in the far future...
I'd be interested to hear what you guys are looking for in terms of costs and when are you planning to use the boat throughout the year.
Philipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 09:20   #5

Here is a link to information about the boat, the crew, and Charter Caribe.

https://www.cyabrochure.com/eb/2307/pdyrX/6178/1/9/1/

By way of further background, this is our second boat. We lost a Lagoon 52 in Irma. It was with Dream Yacht Charter out of Hodges Creek, Tortola. That was a bareboat with a big organization. We loved boat ownership but did not like that situation, so we decided to look for a boutique group with crewed charters this time around. We met Dare, the founder of Charter Caribe, through a mutual friend. We purchased the boat a year ago in February and it took this long to get her built. We have already purchased the boat and it will arrive in October of this year.

Our first time we shared ownership with a lifelong friend and his wife. They didn’t use the boat often enough so they decided to drop out. We manage to get down ourselves at least two, sometimes three times a year. We think five to six weeks of owner time a year is ideal.

Let me know if you want to discuss further off the forum.

Patrick Devlin and Jennifer Devlin
pdevlindmv@gmail.com
jennifer.devlin@cox.net
Old 19-08-2019, 10:09   #6

Hi Liat:

Here is a link to information about the boat, the crew, and Charter Caribe.

https://www.cyabrochure.com/eb/2307/pdyrX/6178/1/9/1/

By way of further background, this is our second boat. We lost a Lagoon 52 in Irma. It was with Dream Yacht Charter out of Hodges Creek, Tortola. That was a bareboat with a big organization. We loved boat ownership but did not like that situation, so we decided to look for a boutique group with crewed charters this time around. We met Dare, the founder of Charter Caribe, through a mutual friend. We purchased the boat a year ago in February and it took this long to get her built. It arrives in USVI in October of this year and we are currently in the final stages of outfitting her for charter.

Our first time we shared ownership with a lifelong friend and his wife. They didn’t use the boat often enough so they decided to drop out. We manage to get down ourselves at least two, sometimes three times a year. We think five to six weeks of owner time a year is ideal.

Why don't you email us directly if you are interested and we can share further details.

Patrick and Jennifer Devlin

jennifer.devlin@cox.net
pdevlindmv@gmail.com

Tags
catamaran