Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2009, 22:56   #1

Boat: '92' 2006' Custom build oak/teak 25mt loa ketch - NOVA
Share Income with Sailing / Charter / Diving

I have a 1992 built 25mt 60tonne sail ketch. She a big volume yacht with plenty of deck space built as in a classic style capable of long range cruising.
In 2005 I did a complete $500k refit/rebuild replacing every item on the yacht with new equipment except the hull that was also upgraded.

The yacht has sat in a yard for last 2.5yrs because I'm not using it mainly due to project work load building superyachts for clients.

Earlier this year I fell breaking my back on one of my superyacht projects so its rethink my future plans time, solo liveaboard/sailing days are history.

Rather than sell or let her deteriorate I would like to get a group or divers interested in buying a share ownership in the vessel with me.

The purpose to use her either full time for charter with off season private use or...
for divers interested as a personal recreational dive vessel and/or to charter to other recreational divers or to use as platform to hunt wrecks as fall or part time income occupation.

The charter industry is new and undeveloped opportunity in Oman and Indian Ocean. In the Red Sea and East Med region yachts this size are earning $3000-$4000 p/day, fuel, food and beverages extra and work all year round.

I'm currently based in Dubai building some superyachts but I can relocate anywhere there's big yachts being built.
watchkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 20:49   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Watchkeeper. So sorry to hear about your injury and change of life plans.

Welcome to cruiser's forum and good luck on your business venture.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 05:11   #3

Boat: '92' 2006' Custom build oak/teak 25mt loa ketch - NOVA
Thanks Ex-Calif

I'm a big believer in 'Elvis did'nt leave the building, he just changed his act...
watchkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diving