Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2021, 01:27   #1

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo
Know a good lawyer?

Hi all,

I have gone through lots of previous posts and am finding myself becoming increasingly confused. I tried in vain to buy a boat last year but Covid got in the way and all the advice in here is pre Brexit... but have since found another.
I am a UK resident looking at a boat in Spain, EU flagged. Its privately owned and tax paid. I found the boat myself so don't have a buyers broker.

However, I don't know where to flag it, how this impacts where I can take it and how to change the name of the boat (don't like the one it has).
I don't know if I sail it away for 5 years if I will have to pay any taxes when I get back.
And I think I know how to buy the boat but having never done so, don't want to get burnt either (sideline, does anyone recommend a Spanish surveyor?)

So I am thinking maybe I need a marine lawyer able to steer me through this and wanted to know if anyone could recommend one?

Many thanks guys.. I really want to get my first boat and have spent a long time researching them, i just need to get this last bit right.

Heath
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote