Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2018, 15:59   #1

Buying New Out of State

Hi,

I've found a new Elan out of state that fits the bill. My only concern is that I'll have trouble with dealers in state if there are any warranty issues as I didn't purchase the boat from them. Has anyone done this and could allay my concerns, or has dealt with warranty issues generally and how little or significant dealer involvement would be?

Thanks!
sbaglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 13:17   #2

Boat: Ranger 29 tug, C&C 34/36
Re: Buying New Out of State

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaglin View Post
Hi,

I've found a new Elan out of state that fits the bill. My only concern is that I'll have trouble with dealers in state if there are any warranty issues as I didn't purchase the boat from them. Has anyone done this and could allay my concerns, or has dealt with warranty issues generally and how little or significant dealer involvement would be?

Thanks!
Are you buying from a dealer?
Although 'new', was it ever registered or does it come with a MSO (manufacturers statement of origin)?
Does this 'Elan' have engine propulsion?
Have you spoken with the manufacturer, who ultimately picks up the tab for warranty work provided?

I ran a vehicle dealership for eight years and know that a manufacturer is responsible for their product regardless of in what State it may be. Typically if a dealer resuses to provide warranty support the manufacturer will impose sanctions in retaliation.

Boats, cars, motorcycles, ATV's, pretty much all the same.
2savage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying