Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2020, 14:42   #196
Registered User
 
Simi 60's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler
Posts: 3,156
Re: Best investment while we travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDangerz View Post
Fair... but that's not unlike the stock market I'm afraid (especially these days)...



.
True, never touched stocks, not since a "financial advisor" suggested we sell all our cf+ property and buy shares, which we didn't, and less than 12mths later he'd gone from rooster to feather duster.
12 years on and still hasn't recovered from it.

Quote:
I'm just pointing out that it's literally the ONLY investment where you get to invest 20% and someone else will kindly offer to match the other 80% while the investment appreciates (or that allows you to use it as a write off at tax time).

You show me a financial advisor that will let me give him $200 and buy $1000 worth of stocks/bonds for me and I'll quickly take money out of real estate and pour it in!
Oddly, the brokers I call keep saying no

70% margin lending
Claimed many a mug punter.

https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-...ing-explained/

https://www.commsec.com.au/support/f...tions/154.html

Obviously available in the US as well

https://www.sec.gov/reportspubs/inve...marginhtm.html
Simi 60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:07   #197
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 120
Re: Best investment while we travel

... and the Bitcoin guy wins.

+300% in 2020
+40% in 8 days so far in 2021

RIP this thread.
pt49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:21   #198
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: on the water (currently in Caribbean)
Boat: Bali 4.0
Posts: 258
Re: Best investment while we travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt49 View Post
... and the Bitcoin guy wins.

+300% in 2020
+40% in 8 days so far in 2021

RIP this thread.
Nope. TSLA was up over 600% in 2020...
trust me, one of our friend boats owns it, so we get the updates almost daily!

of course, we dont own either
__________________
Enjoy the Journey!
www.theDangerz.com
@theDangerz
theDangerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 13:23   #199
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 120
Re: Best investment while we travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDangerz View Post
Nope. TSLA was up over 600% in 2020...
trust me, one of our friend boats owns it, so we get the updates almost daily!

of course, we dont own either
Nope, Elon Musk owns it.
pt49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
men

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel nursing while cruising johnnybago Boat Ownership & Making a Living 20 18-08-2016 14:54
Travel costs while boat shopping? Foozinator Boat Ownership & Making a Living 15 11-03-2016 13:57
Travel journal, travel log, logbook app! Tobi_R Fishing, Recreation & Fun 2 27-09-2014 06:02
Investment knome Boat Ownership & Making a Living 29 18-02-2004 11:55

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:34.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.